Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Epson EMP-7600 Projector

A projector I bought used for my son seems to work fine for about 40
minutes then the "lamp indicator" blinks red and the projector lamp
turns off. User manual says replace bulb because it has reached its
end of life. The hours indicated 611 hours which I reset with no
change in operation. I replaced the bulb with a new one and the same
thing happens. From what I have read (wikipedia) the life of the bulb
has to do with the voltage required to drive it. It becomes higher as
life goes on. I can imagine some sort of circuit to sense either
voltage or current on the powersupply module and inform the processor
when some limit is reached. The bulb type is ELPLP12. Does anyone have
any information on this or any schematic documentation which might
help me troubleshoot it. I do have experience with high voltage
supplies etc.