DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Weird Insignia TV/DVD model TVDVD20A (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/234595-re-weird-insignia-tv-dvd-model-tvdvd20a.html)

Brad February 21st 08 05:42 PM

Weird Insignia TV/DVD model TVDVD20A

Hi,

I used both the original remote and a universal remote with the same
results.

I forgot to mention that the panel buttons don't work, no response
when you press the volume, power, etc.

I scoped/checked the +5 volts for "noise".

Brad

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 12:28:58 GMT, in sci.electronics.repair you wrote:

Hi,

I have an Insignia TV/DVD model TVDVD20A in my
service shop (no SM).

The set will turn on, but when you try to change the
volume, channel, etc. It turns off. It won't play a DVD,
because I can't get it to switch from TV to DVD (turns
off).

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

William Sommerwerck February 21st 08 06:09 PM

Weird Insignia TV/DVD model TVDVD20A

I forgot to mention that the panel buttons don't work,
no response when you press the volume, power, etc.

Fixing that problem will probably correct the remote-control problem. Focus
on that.