Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony raster

Hi
I have a Sony KV35v36 that has a real bright raster when the screen voltage
is sct at 200 volts, I tried the chassis on anothere picture tube and it
does the same thing, I replaced the screen control, the same thing. Any help
would be appriciated.
Thank you
Vince

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Check from the service manual for the proper specs that is required for the
screen voltage. I think the voltage is checked with the brightness control
at minimum in that set, but I cannot remember for sure.

Going from memory, the typical G2 or screen voltage should be about 80 to
130 Volts, depending on the particular CRT and design. If you have an
excessive G2 voltage and the CRT is not shorted out, the fault is most
likely in the HV multiplier. In the Sony sets, this is usually a part of the
flyback transformer assembly.

--

JANA
_____