Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Tech: Hitachi 50fx48b convergence procedure

Okay, I managed to get this Hitachi 50fx48b rear projection TV working
again after the previous owner had a 'Service tech' out to look at it
and was told that they couldn't fix it. It looks like the service guy
twiddled every single knob on this thing (original complaint was no
colour until TV warmed up) and now the convergence is out of whack.
I'd like to attempt to do the convergence myself since it's mostly the
outer edges that are really out.

This unit has a AP62B chassis in it and analog convergence controls.
Can anyone tell me how to get in to the service mode and the proper
steps to take to tweak the convergence?

Thanks!
James