Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default KP57W500 CRTs

Got two of these that need green CRTs. Talked to Fulton and they only
have the CRTs for serial numbers beginning in 97 (or later I assume)

These are earlier, and I am wondering what the difference is. They are
shipped with the optics and coolant all but the output lens. Is the
difference there or in the CRT itself ?

The easiest way to find out is with a newer service manual, which I do
not have. I would say that if the flyback, focus block and yokes are
the same part, the tube itself is probably compatible. I am willing to
change it over from the old assembly, as long as it will work. There
is a price difference and since there are two of them the savings is
doubled.

I have done it both ways, drop the thing in there when we got the
whole assembly, as well as just replacing the tube, using the old
chamber and everything.

If the yokes, flybacks and focus control blocks are the same, I intend
to take a shot at it.

Can anyone tell me ?

JURB
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
[...]

We deal with Video Display Corp for these - maybe they can help you. They're
in Bossier City, LA.

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

VDC does a fair job on these CPT Devices,
You will need to ship the bare CPT to them and wait for a rebuilt item to
come back. Nominal time is 10-20 days. Call them and confirm pricing and
shipping procedures.