DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sharp 28JW-73H - Intermittent Flicker (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/233873-sharp-28jw-73h-intermittent-flicker.html)

Alasdair Campbell[_2_] February 15th 08 10:06 PM

Sharp 28JW-73H - Intermittent Flicker

Hi,

I'm trying to research a fault a friend's TV has. A picture paints a
thousand words, so two shots follow this brief description.

Sharp 28JW-73H / 29JW73H (GA200 Chassis)

After the TV has been turned on for a few minutes a strong green and
yellow flicker appears on all inputs.

The photo shows a bar, but in real-time, the bar is not visible, just a
stomach churning flicker at high freq. There is no vertical rolling
visible either.

I will be able to open up the TV in the next couple of days and check for
obvious faults, and am capable of replacing them, however if anyone
recognises the type of fault straight away I would be glad to glean some
of your wisdom.

best,

Alasdair

Photos:

http://www.alasdaircampbell.com/flicker.jpg
http://www.alasdaircampbell.com/flicker2.jpg

Alasdair Campbell[_2_] February 15th 08 10:11 PM

Sharp 28JW-73H - Intermittent Flicker

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 22:06:52 +0000, Alasdair Campbell wrote:

.. snip ..

and while I'm on the subject, does any of the Scottish readers of this
newsgroup recommend a repair man in / or near to Glasgow?