Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sharp 26" TV/SST 37VF010.

A little OT as I'm not actually trying to repair this set, rather draw on
the experience of others who've had experience with similar Sharp sets to
identify the SST 37VF010 chip.

The chip had a paper label stuck on it suggesting factory
programming/firmware etc, but it looks suspiciously like a regular flash
eprom, a google turned up a number of potential suppliers but no definitive
description of what it is and no data sheets - can anyone furnish any info?

TIA.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

ian field wrote:
A little OT as I'm not actually trying to repair this set, rather draw on
the experience of others who've had experience with similar Sharp sets to
identify the SST 37VF010 chip.

The chip had a paper label stuck on it suggesting factory
programming/firmware etc, but it looks suspiciously like a regular flash
eprom, a google turned up a number of potential suppliers but no definitive
description of what it is and no data sheets - can anyone furnish any info?

TIA.

http://www.ic2ic.com/search.jsp?sSea...VF010-90-3C-NH

http://dealdatabase.com/forum/archiv...p/t-26531.html

bob
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Bob Urz" wrote in message

ian field wrote:
A little OT as I'm not actually trying to repair this set, rather draw on
the experience of others who've had experience with similar Sharp sets to
identify the SST 37VF010 chip.

The chip had a paper label stuck on it suggesting factory
programming/firmware etc, but it looks suspiciously like a regular flash
eprom, a google turned up a number of potential suppliers but no
definitive description of what it is and no data sheets - can anyone
furnish any info?

TIA.

http://www.ic2ic.com/search.jsp?sSea...VF010-90-3C-NH

http://dealdatabase.com/forum/archiv...p/t-26531.html

bob

ic2ic.com usually doesn't provide a link to a data sheet - this seems to be
a "usual case".

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"ian field" wrote in message
A little OT as I'm not actually trying to repair this set, rather draw on
the experience of others who've had experience with similar Sharp sets to
identify the SST 37VF010 chip.

The chip had a paper label stuck on it suggesting factory
programming/firmware etc, but it looks suspiciously like a regular flash
eprom, a google turned up a number of potential suppliers but no
definitive description of what it is and no data sheets - can anyone
furnish any info?

TIA.

Ian. Did you see that TeleMag has been relaunched ?

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"ian field" wrote in message
A little OT as I'm not actually trying to repair this set, rather draw on
the experience of others who've had experience with similar Sharp sets to
identify the SST 37VF010 chip.

The chip had a paper label stuck on it suggesting factory
programming/firmware etc, but it looks suspiciously like a regular flash
eprom, a google turned up a number of potential suppliers but no
definitive description of what it is and no data sheets - can anyone
furnish any info?

TIA.

Ian. Did you see that TeleMag has been relaunched ?

Arfa

Yes - its available through 3 distributors that I don't have an account with
or direct at a price that's taking the **** or emagazine (non-PDF) to stop
pirating that is in a presentation that is such a PITA to read that they
couldn't sell it to me at any price, and cannot be saved to local HD - so
its like beer, you don't buy it you only rent it!

That is unacceptable.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"ian field" wrote in message

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"ian field" wrote in message
[...]

They sent me a copy in the 'electronic' format, and I must admit that I
struggled to read the 'grey' print, and didn't really like the "turny page"
format. Mind you, I have never liked on-line books and mags, any more than I
like computerised service manuals ...

They sent me a paper one as well for issue 2, but whether that will carry on
as a 'regular' contributor, I'm not sure. The "Faults" section still seems
to be settling down in format terms, so whether they will find space to
carry copy from me every month, I don't yet know. Still, it's nice to see it
back again, in largely the same format as it was previously, and I hope the
new owner manages to make a commercial success of it. The reason that it is
not in the shops BTW, is that distributors WH Smith want so much money, that
there is no way that a startup or small-circulation mag can afford them.
This was a great deal to do with the demise of T @ H, which failed
financially, despite the sterling efforts of all involved. Shame as I
thought it had great potential.

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"ian field" wrote in message

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"ian field" wrote in message
[...]

Personally I find there are times that I want to get away from the PC and
read from real paper, I would have reluctantly put up with the emagazine if
it was in PDF, the format they presented is totally unacceptable because it
is not possible to save and open whenever and wherever I want to put time
aside to read it, my collection of Television goes back to the late 70's and
I can refer to past articles any time - the sample emagazine they sent me
opened only once and was then unavailable, I can't see anyone putting up
with that!