Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Disconnecting "big red" from CRT?

I have posted about my 32 inch Toshiba TV over the last month or so and I
have it torn apart and the circuit board unscrewed. The consensus is that I
have bad caps in the vertical section or the IC is bad. I need to get the
board all the way out to remove it from the plastic frame that it's mounted
to so as to be able to unsolder and replace components. I shorted the large
red to the tube so figure it's OK to disconnect it. Not wanting to break
something and not knowing just exactly what kind of connection is under the
rubber cup, I thought I would ask first. How does it come off? Thanks

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Forrest" wrote in message
t...
I have posted about my 32 inch Toshiba TV over the last month or so and I
have it torn apart and the circuit board unscrewed. The consensus is that I
have bad caps in the vertical section or the IC is bad. I need to get the
board all the way out to remove it from the plastic frame that it's mounted
to so as to be able to unsolder and replace components. I shorted the large
red to the tube so figure it's OK to disconnect it. Not wanting to break
something and not knowing just exactly what kind of connection is under the
rubber cup, I thought I would ask first. How does it come off? Thanks

Squeeze the base of the cap and pull it off. It has two fingers or hooks
that are springs and squeezing will release them.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Forrest" wrote in message
t...
I have posted about my 32 inch Toshiba TV over the last month or so and I
have it torn apart and the circuit board unscrewed. The consensus is that I
have bad caps in the vertical section or the IC is bad. I need to get the
board all the way out to remove it from the plastic frame that it's mounted
to so as to be able to unsolder and replace components. I shorted the large
red to the tube so figure it's OK to disconnect it. Not wanting to break
something and not knowing just exactly what kind of connection is under the
rubber cup, I thought I would ask first. How does it come off? Thanks

Roll up the edge of the cap and look, you'll see how it works. It has
springy prongs that clip into a lipped metal cup set into the glass.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 03:22:43 GMT, "James Sweet"
wrote:

"Forrest" wrote in message
et...
I have posted about my 32 inch Toshiba TV over the last month or so and I
have it torn apart and the circuit board unscrewed. The consensus is that I
have bad caps in the vertical section or the IC is bad. I need to get the
board all the way out to remove it from the plastic frame that it's mounted
to so as to be able to unsolder and replace components. I shorted the large
red to the tube so figure it's OK to disconnect it. Not wanting to break
something and not knowing just exactly what kind of connection is under the
rubber cup, I thought I would ask first. How does it come off? Thanks

Roll up the edge of the cap and look, you'll see how it works. It has
springy prongs that clip into a lipped metal cup set into the glass.

But be sure to use well insulated pliers/screwdriver! LOL