Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Current on PSU Fan

Hi,
I need to replace the 80mm DC Fan in the PSU of my computer. The
label on the broken fan show 0.25A. Do I need to replace it with a
fan that has the same spec? I notice that many similar fans seem to
be 0.08A or similar. I'm also curious to know what the 0.25A means?
Is that the power that it will draw when it's spinning or the amount
of power that it can handle? What would happen if I replaced it with
a 0.08A fan?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
Hi,
I need to replace the 80mm DC Fan in the PSU of my computer. The
label on the broken fan show 0.25A. Do I need to replace it with a
fan that has the same spec? I notice that many similar fans seem to
be 0.08A or similar. I'm also curious to know what the 0.25A means?
Is that the power that it will draw when it's spinning or the amount
of power that it can handle? What would happen if I replaced it with
a 0.08A fan?

That's the power it will draw, and is usually somewhat proportional to the
amount of air it will move.

DC current Tony P Electronics 11 July 28th 07 12:09 AM
Current Count - As Of 10/25/05 Tom Watson Woodworking 47 October 28th 05 07:44 PM
How much current does an LED take? Wim Lewis Electronics 1 March 17th 05 09:36 AM
AC Current Monitor kevinzzz Electronics 0 December 5th 04 09:48 PM
Casing gives current larrymoencurly Woodworking 3 October 3rd 04 12:45 AM