DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Kenwood Stereo Amp KA-5040R (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/232911-kenwood-stereo-amp-ka-5040r.html)

Ron Butt February 7th 08 02:35 AM

Kenwood Stereo Amp KA-5040R

This amp stays in the standby mode when first turned on (cold). After some
time the relays for the speaker's kick in once it warms up or if i repower
it several times.

Any idea's where I can find repair tips for this amp and particular type of
trouble?

thks

Mark D. Zacharias[_2_] February 7th 08 10:24 AM

Kenwood Stereo Amp KA-5040R

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
In article ,
"Ron Butt" wrote:

This amp stays in the standby mode when first turned on (cold). After
some
time the relays for the speaker's kick in once it warms up or if i
repower
it several times.

Any idea's where I can find repair tips for this amp and particular type
of
trouble?

thks

Sometimes as simple as bad solder connections at the relay itself.

Mark Z.