Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Microwave Door Glass + Moisture

I have a over the stove microwave hood that has gotten colored
moisture between the glass on the microwave door. Boiling brats in
beer and the exhaust fan didn't do a very good job of exhausting the
steam. I know it is just a cosmetic issue, but I am thinking of
selling the house and it might be a little distracting to potential
buyers to see little patches in between the glass door. Are there any
easy ways to clean this out or do I have to try and find a new door or
even a new microwave hood assembly? Thanks for any info provided.
gatormike
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

You could get a new door from the manufacture, but you will have to make
sure you do a radiation test to make sure that it seals properly when
shut. It would be best to have the manufacture rep change the door.

Also, considering the incredible amount of money you will get for the
house in relation to the cost of a microwave oven, you can sell it with
a new microwave oven installed. The may even make the kitchen more
likeable to the new buyer. That is what I would do.

--

Jerry G.

wrote in message
I have a over the stove microwave hood that has gotten colored
moisture between the glass on the microwave door. Boiling brats in
beer and the exhaust fan didn't do a very good job of exhausting the
steam. I know it is just a cosmetic issue, but I am thinking of
selling the house and it might be a little distracting to potential
buyers to see little patches in between the glass door. Are there any
easy ways to clean this out or do I have to try and find a new door or
even a new microwave hood assembly? Thanks for any info provided.
gatormike

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Can the door be dismantled?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
I have a over the stove microwave hood that has gotten colored
moisture between the glass on the microwave door. Boiling brats in
beer and the exhaust fan didn't do a very good job of exhausting the
steam. I know it is just a cosmetic issue, but I am thinking of
selling the house and it might be a little distracting to potential
buyers to see little patches in between the glass door. Are there any
easy ways to clean this out or do I have to try and find a new door or
even a new microwave hood assembly? Thanks for any info provided.
gatormike

Usually the door can be taken apart, just make sure you don't leave out the
metal screen when you put it back together.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"James Sweet" wrote in message

wrote in message
I have a over the stove microwave hood that has gotten colored
moisture between the glass on the microwave door. Boiling brats in
beer and the exhaust fan didn't do a very good job of exhausting the
steam. I know it is just a cosmetic issue, but I am thinking of
selling the house and it might be a little distracting to potential
buyers to see little patches in between the glass door. Are there any
easy ways to clean this out or do I have to try and find a new door or
even a new microwave hood assembly? Thanks for any info provided.
gatormike

Usually the door can be taken apart, just make sure you don't leave out
the metal screen when you put it back together.

Yeah, if you leave the screen out and stand too close to the window you can
get a nice sun burn from it.

Joking aside, like James said it should be pretty straight foward if you can
figure out how to take the door apart. Looking at mine I'd guess that it
pops apart. Look for screws and if you don't see any take a small flat
screwdriver and pry gently around the entire door. If it has some difficult
spots look for screws under labels.

Mike

Mike

Mike

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
[...]

Mike- Hide quoted text -

A lot of times you must remove the overall cover for the top, sides
and bottom to get at the screws for the door hinges.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

A lot of times you must remove the overall cover for the top, sides
and bottom to get at the screws for the door hinges.

You don't really have to get to the door hinges to take the door apart, well
not usually.