Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default dropped calls from my land line

My phone lines drops calls intermittently. As soon as the call's
gone, I redial and it works fine...but occassionally it may drop
again. Typically, it clicks, and the line is dead....two dropped
calls this morning.

The phone company has been out and "no problem." I have DSL, cordless
phones (VTECH) , and and answering machine (AT&T)

Any suggestions?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Andre writes:

My phone lines drops calls intermittently. As soon as the call's
gone, I redial and it works fine...but occassionally it may drop
again. Typically, it clicks, and the line is dead....two dropped
calls this morning.

The phone company has been out and "no problem." I have DSL, cordless
phones (VTECH) , and and answering machine (AT&T)

Simplest explanation would be a bad connection in the phone or line.

How often does this happen? How long would it be before you concluded
it had been fixed?

Try a different phone. Disconnect the answering machine and DSL and
see if that makes any difference. Etc.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 02 Feb 2008 12:21:27 -0500, Sam Goldwasser wrote:
Andre writes:

My phone lines drops calls intermittently. As soon as the call's
gone, I redial and it works fine...but occassionally it may drop
again. Typically, it clicks, and the line is dead....two dropped
calls this morning.

The phone company has been out and "no problem." I have DSL, cordless
phones (VTECH) , and and answering machine (AT&T)

Simplest explanation would be a bad connection in the phone or line.

Nah, it's a sure sign that The Dept. Of Homeland Hysteria is being
equipped by the lowest bidder.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Feb 2, 12:21*pm, Sam Goldwasser wrote:
Andre writes:
My phone lines drops calls intermittently. *As soon as the call's
gone, I redial and it works fine...but occassionally it may drop
again. *Typically, it clicks, and the line is dead....two dropped
calls this morning.

The phone company has been out and "no problem." *I have DSL, cordless
phones (VTECH) , and and answering machine (AT&T)

Simplest explanation would be a bad connection in the phone or line.

How often does this happen? *How long would it be before you concluded
it had been fixed?

Try a different phone. *Disconnect the answering machine and DSL and
see if that makes any difference. *Etc.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:http://www.repairfaq.org/
*Repair | Main Table of Contents:http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/
+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/lasersam.htm
* * * * | Mirror Sites:http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_mirror.html

subject line. *Or, you can contact me via the Feedback Form in the FAQs.

It is intermittent. But it occurred 3 times today. I disconnected
the cordless phones, but it happened on the wired phone. So, the
phone company has installed a new "card" at the switch station? Will
see how this goes.

Thanks for your reply. Will try this a few days...has been very
frustrating.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Andre writes:
[...]

Of course, if the DSL isn't dropping out as well, it isn't like the
phone company wiring outside the house.

Sharp DV-L80 dropped [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 September 2nd 07 03:50 AM
dropped kerb Maurice W UK diy 9 July 14th 07 12:38 AM
Dropped kerb John UK diy 20 April 25th 07 06:56 PM
Almost dropped the phone. LRod Woodworking 5 March 13th 05 02:46 AM
Dropped Sanyo TV Bill Electronics Repair 4 December 18th 04 05:33 AM