Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Please help locate a Schottky Barrier Rectifier !

I am looking for Schottky Barrier Rectifier 2A 100-70-100. I can not
find it any where in UK. I just want one. Any idea where can I get it
from ? Thanks
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"newbee" wrote in message
I am looking for Schottky Barrier Rectifier 2A 100-70-100. I can not
find it any where in UK. I just want one. Any idea where can I get it
from ? Thanks

What is it ? Secondary rectifier on a switcher ? Where did you get that
number from ? Doesn't sound like any standard Schottky diode I've ever come
across. Likely an in house number from the equipment / power supply
manufacturer. If you can give us an idea of what it's got to handle,
shouldn't be difficult to find one to do the job. If it's in a piece of
domestic kit, you should actually be able to get the exact right part from
whoever is the third party spares agency for that manufacturer. In the UK,
try Charles Hyde and Sons, CPC, SEME. Between them, they have most of the
manufacturers covered. Other sources for parts in the UK are Grandata and
Dalbani - Nikko. If you go to Charlie Hyde's site, you can buy a copy of
"Television" magazine, which has lots of ads for UK component suppliers.

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Thanks for your reply. It is for Philips DTR 500 Digital Terrestrial
Receiver. Have a look here

http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/data...1/SR2100.shtml

I do not know, other manufacturers might be marketing the same with a
different number.

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 19:08:15 GMT, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

"newbee" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"newbee" wrote in message
Thanks for your reply. It is for Philips DTR 500 Digital Terrestrial
Receiver. Have a look here

http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/data...1/SR2100.shtml

I do not know, other manufacturers might be marketing the same with a
different number.

Google is your friend. A search on "Philips spare parts" with the 'Pages
from the UK' box checked, turns up many links, including

http://www.pltv.org.uk/philips.htm

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I could not find 2A Schottky Barrier Rectifier, but I have got 1A and
3A Diode. Is it ok to use 3A instead of 2A.

Thanks

On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 14:22:48 +0000, newbee
wrote:

Thanks for your reply. It is for Philips DTR 500 Digital Terrestrial
Receiver. Have a look here

http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/data...1/SR2100.shtml

I do not know, other manufacturers might be marketing the same with a
different number.

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 19:08:15 GMT, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

"newbee" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

newbee wrote:

I could not find 2A Schottky Barrier Rectifier, but I have got 1A and
3A Diode. Is it ok to use 3A instead of 2A.

Yes. As long as the voltage rating is high enough.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida