Posted to sci.electronics.repair, eunet.esprit

Default How to repair an ENIAC???

I've just bought an ENIAC on the local flea-market but this
computer is really full of "bugs".

How can I fix this monster and do you think it can compete
with my Commodore 64???
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default I assume eunet.esprit is his scorecard group (was: How to repair anENIAC?)

eunet.esprit removed from Groups line.
If you respond to this troll, I suggest you do the same.
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.e...0.newsgrou ps

Carl Dau wrote:
I've just bought an ENIAC on the local flea-market
but this computer is really full of "bugs".
How can I fix this monster
and do you think it can compete with my Commodore 64???

First you invent a re-animator
then you find out where Eckert and Mauchly are buried.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,eunet.esprit

In article
,
Carl Dau wrote:

I've just bought an ENIAC on the local flea-market but this
computer is really full of "bugs".

How can I fix this monster and do you think it can compete
with my Commodore 64???

Dude, it is time to upgrade. Have you looked into the Amiga line?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,eunet.esprit

CJT writes:

Carl Dau wrote:

I've just bought an ENIAC on the local flea-market but this
computer is really full of "bugs".
How can I fix this monster and do you think it can compete
with my Commodore 64???

sure you did ...

I have a tube from the ENIAC.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,eunet.esprit

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 21:35:21 -0800 (PST), Carl Dau
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I've just bought an ENIAC on the local flea-market but this
computer is really full of "bugs".

How can I fix this monster ...

Give these guys a call:
http://www.tnmoc.org/ColRbd.htm

... and do you think it can compete with my Commodore 64???

Try the Cipher Challenge:
http://www.tnmoc.org/cipher1.htm

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,eunet.esprit

Smitty Two wrote in message
news
In article
,
Carl Dau wrote:

I've just bought an ENIAC on the local flea-market but this
computer is really full of "bugs".

How can I fix this monster and do you think it can compete
with my Commodore 64???

Dude, it is time to upgrade. Have you looked into the Amiga line?

I've got a 56 bit (sorry, not byte) core store if you need a memory upgrade.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,eunet.esprit

In article , Sam Goldwasser writes:
CJT writes:

Carl Dau wrote:

I've just bought an ENIAC on the local flea-market but this
computer is really full of "bugs".
How can I fix this monster and do you think it can compete
with my Commodore 64???

sure you did ...

I have a tube from the ENIAC.

A 12AX7?

It's a shame, but I lost a two-tube circuit board I once had from a 50's
computer - a Bendix I think - with two 6146 beam power tubes, part of the
drum memory head driver circuitry. Maybe two in parallel to feed a head?
[shades of Gracie Slick...]

What a concept.

--
George Cornelius cornelius ( A T ) eisner.decus.org

Posted to sci.electronics.repair, eunet.esprit

On Feb 7, 6:16*am, (George Cornelius)
wrote:
I have a tube from the ENIAC.

A 12AX7?

More likely a 12AV7 or maybe a 12AZ7.

It's a shame, but I lost a two-tube circuit board I once had from a 50's
computer - a Bendix I think - with two 6146 beam power tubes, part of the
drum memory head driver circuitry. *Maybe two in parallel to feed a head?

A "pointed little head"?

[shades of Gracie Slick...]

What a concept.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,eunet.esprit
isw isw is offline

In article
,

wrote:
I have a tube from the ENIAC.

A 12AX7?

More likely a 12AV7 or maybe a 12AZ7.

None of the above; baseless miniature tubes like those didn't show up
until quite a while after the ENIAC was developed.

Most likely it would be a 6SN7, though other octal-based tubes of
similar vintage were used too.

Isaac

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,eunet.esprit

isw writes:

In article
,

wrote:
I have a tube from the ENIAC.

A 12AX7?

More likely a 12AV7 or maybe a 12AZ7.

None of the above; baseless miniature tubes like those didn't show up
until quite a while after the ENIAC was developed.

Most likely it would be a 6SN7, though other octal-based tubes of
similar vintage were used too.

Probably. It's definitely octal. No idea if it's original though.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,eunet.esprit

isw wrote:

In article
,

wrote:
I have a tube from the ENIAC.

A 12AX7?

More likely a 12AV7 or maybe a 12AZ7.

None of the above; baseless miniature tubes like those didn't show up
until quite a while after the ENIAC was developed.

Most likely it would be a 6SN7, though other octal-based tubes of
similar vintage were used too.

Isaac

It was he industrial version, the 5962.

prove it.