Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default plastic VCR part

Ward JSJ20200 VCR. Little plastic pulley that was friction-fit onto the bottom
of the capstan flywheel is broken; it worked a belt that went to the idler
wheel. I'd hate to lose the VCR to such a little part. Any hope of finding
a replacement?

--
God help us all,
The next President of the United States will be a liberal.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 16:05:06 -0600, clifto put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Ward JSJ20200 VCR. Little plastic pulley that was friction-fit onto the bottom
of the capstan flywheel is broken; it worked a belt that went to the idler
wheel. I'd hate to lose the VCR to such a little part. Any hope of finding
a replacement?

If yours is a Sharp VCA series mech, then you may be able to get a
brass pulley for about $10.

Some Sharp models also had problems with leaky 10uF caps on the
capstan PCB.

You can sometimes identify the manufacturer of your mech by inspecting
the part numbers on the major mechanical parts, eg video heads or
capstan motor.

See http://www.astimag.com/prodspec/astinumber=225.htm

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 16:05:06 -0600, clifto put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Ward JSJ20200 VCR. Little plastic pulley that was friction-fit onto the bottom
of the capstan flywheel is broken; it worked a belt that went to the idler
wheel. I'd hate to lose the VCR to such a little part. Any hope of finding
a replacement?

If yours is a Sharp VCA series mech, then you may be able to get a
brass pulley for about $10.

Can you guide me to this pulley (part number, supplier, etc.)? The only
other thing the machine needs is belts.

--
God help us all,
The next President of the United States will be a liberal.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 11:53:46 -0600, clifto wrote:

Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 16:05:06 -0600, clifto put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Ward JSJ20200 VCR. Little plastic pulley that was friction-fit onto the bottom
of the capstan flywheel is broken; it worked a belt that went to the idler
wheel. I'd hate to lose the VCR to such a little part. Any hope of finding
a replacement?

If yours is a Sharp VCA series mech, then you may be able to get a
brass pulley for about $10.

Can you guide me to this pulley (part number, supplier, etc.)? The only
other thing the machine needs is belts.

Another option is to scrape out the broken pulley so the split doesn't open
when placed on the motor & then use a dob of areldite to glue it on (note: the
brass replacement pulley mentioned has to be glued on anyway!).

www.parkdaleyc.com (where most of them sail)
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 11:53:46 -0600, clifto put

Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 16:05:06 -0600, clifto put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Ward JSJ20200 VCR. Little plastic pulley that was friction-fit onto the bottom
of the capstan flywheel is broken; it worked a belt that went to the idler
wheel. I'd hate to lose the VCR to such a little part. Any hope of finding
a replacement?

If yours is a Sharp VCA series mech, then you may be able to get a
brass pulley for about $10.

Can you guide me to this pulley (part number, supplier, etc.)? The only
other thing the machine needs is belts.

In Australia it is supplied by WES and possibly by Prime Electronics.
Unfortunately they don't cater for overseas orders. The part number is
internal (eg PLY101), ie not a manufacturer's number.

See page 4-18 of the VCR section of the WES catalogue (35MB):
http://www.wagner.net.au/catalogue/04_Video.pdf

Otherwise Prime has a "999D12601 PULLEY replaces 631D58101 BRASS
CAPSTAN PULLEY INC GLUE" which may or may not be the correct one.

- Franc Zabkar

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 16:05:06 -0600, clifto put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Ward JSJ20200 VCR. Little plastic pulley that was friction-fit onto the bottom
of the capstan flywheel is broken; it worked a belt that went to the idler
wheel. I'd hate to lose the VCR to such a little part. Any hope of finding
a replacement?

If yours is a Sharp VCA series mech, then you may be able to get a
brass pulley for about $10.

Can you guide me to this pulley (part number, supplier, etc.)? The only
other thing the machine needs is belts.

Another option is to scrape out the broken pulley so the split doesn't open
when placed on the motor & then use a dob of areldite to glue it on (note: the
brass replacement pulley mentioned has to be glued on anyway!).

Can you translate "areldite" to North American?

The broken pulley fell off the hub of the capstan flywheel in two distinct
pieces. They glued together twice but didn't stay together worth a darn.
I suspect the new brass pulley might also be a friction fit.

--
God help us all,
The next President of the United States will be a liberal.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 16:05:06 -0600, clifto put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Ward JSJ20200 VCR. Little plastic pulley that was friction-fit onto the bottom
of the capstan flywheel is broken; it worked a belt that went to the idler
wheel. I'd hate to lose the VCR to such a little part. Any hope of finding
a replacement?

If yours is a Sharp VCA series mech, then you may be able to get a
brass pulley for about $10.

Can you guide me to this pulley (part number, supplier, etc.)? The only
other thing the machine needs is belts.

In Australia it is supplied by WES and possibly by Prime Electronics.
Unfortunately they don't cater for overseas orders. The part number is
internal (eg PLY101), ie not a manufacturer's number.

Ah. Thanks, but I fear lots of that won't translate into USian.