DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Philips Digital Rerrestrial Receiver DTR500/05 (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/229612-philips-digital-rerrestrial-receiver-dtr500-05-a.html)

newbee[_2_] January 12th 08 05:32 PM

Philips Digital Rerrestrial Receiver DTR500/05

Hi all,

The Digital Receiver would not switch on. I opened it up, and there is
I presume to be Fuse labeled F1 with the following marking on it :
CQ MET T2A 250V.

Am I correct in assuming it is a fuse, and if it is, where can I get
it in UK.

Thanks for your help.

Arfa Daily January 12th 08 11:01 PM

"newbee" wrote in message
Hi all,

The Digital Receiver would not switch on. I opened it up, and there is
I presume to be Fuse labeled F1 with the following marking on it :
CQ MET T2A 250V.

Am I correct in assuming it is a fuse, and if it is, where can I get
it in UK.

Thanks for your help.

It is a 2 amp fuse with a "T" - that is time delay - rating. FWIW, if it is
the mains power fuse in a switchmode power supply, it is highly unlikely
that it will be the only problem. You can get one from any Maplin's store.
It is a very common value. Its size will be 20mm.

Arfa