Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default sony kv32S22 flashes

I am working on a Sony KV 32S22 32" CRT TV
The picture is flashing on and off.
Any tips on this chassis?
Would the vertical shutdown problem do this?

There is no visible loss of sweep, just the video
coming, then blank screen, then comes back.

Bob
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"bob urz" wrote in message ...
I am working on a Sony KV 32S22 32" CRT TV
The picture is flashing on and off.
Any tips on this chassis?
Would the vertical shutdown problem do this?

There is no visible loss of sweep, just the video
coming, then blank screen, then comes back.

Bob

Bad CRT, the AKB circuit is blanking the image. You may be able to squeeze a
bit more out of it by turning up the G2, it may not last long though. For
some reason this is a very common problem on the 32" Sonys.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

James Sweet wrote:
"bob urz" wrote in message ...

I am working on a Sony KV 32S22 32" CRT TV
The picture is flashing on and off.
Any tips on this chassis?
Would the vertical shutdown problem do this?

There is no visible loss of sweep, just the video
coming, then blank screen, then comes back.

Bob

Bad CRT, the AKB circuit is blanking the image. You may be able to squeeze a
bit more out of it by turning up the G2, it may not last long though. For
some reason this is a very common problem on the 32" Sonys.

I ran across some posts that said DOn't use the Sencore on rejuve on
these tubes. Anybody tried to use a CRT rejuve on one? what was the results?

Bob
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art Art is offline

Bad idea, seen experiences with watching techs totally ruin a crt by
attempting restore. Best to tell cutomer price of new crt, or VDC rebuilt or
suggest a nice 32" LCD set.
"Bob Urz" wrote in message

James Sweet wrote:
"bob urz" wrote in message

I am working on a Sony KV 32S22 32" CRT TV
The picture is flashing on and off.
Any tips on this chassis?
Would the vertical shutdown problem do this?

There is no visible loss of sweep, just the video
coming, then blank screen, then comes back.

Bob

Bad CRT, the AKB circuit is blanking the image. You may be able to
squeeze a bit more out of it by turning up the G2, it may not last long
though. For some reason this is a very common problem on the 32" Sonys.

I ran across some posts that said DOn't use the Sencore on rejuve on these
tubes. Anybody tried to use a CRT rejuve on one? what was the results?

Bob

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Art" wrote in message
. ..
Bad idea, seen experiences with watching techs totally ruin a crt by
attempting restore. Best to tell cutomer price of new crt, or VDC rebuilt
or suggest a nice 32" LCD set.

Big CRT sets will be a dime a dozen on the used market soon, probably
already are. I wouldn't buy an LCD set personally, once accustomed to a nice
Sony CRT, even the better LCDs look like crap, especially for SD content.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

http://www.sencore.com/newsletter/Oc...RejuveCRTs.htm