Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

Default Repair or despair? Natalie or Jim?

On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 07:20:38 +0000, Eeyore wrote:

larry moe 'n curly wrote:

Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B wrote:
On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 10:22:16 +0000, Arfa Daily wrote:

One of the things that REALLY irks me about the World Service is their
dismissal out of hand the Global Warming is entirely the fault of man.

How do you know it is the fault of man ?

I have sent them a few emails now telling them to look for Ice Core
sample data that can be found on the IPCCs own web site that shows
this has happened before,

If it's happened before it can't be man made can it ?

and still they choose to ignore it and say it's entirely man's fault.

You just said they said otherwise.

OTOH one of the BBC TV channels has broadcast a documentary that totally
dismisses human activity and even atmospheric CO2 emissions as causes of
global warming. Why would BBC do that if they were so one- sided about
global warming?

NO. That was Channel 4 and it was never claimed to be a 'documentary'
either.

http://www.channel4.com/science/micr...rming_swindle/

Graham

This is pretty much correct.

"This is the film that caused all the fuss. According to a group of
scientists brought together by documentary-maker Martin Durkin, if the
planet is heating up, it isn't your fault and there's nothing you can do
about it."

Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 06:31:28 +0000, Dan Bloomquist wrote:

Hachiroku ハチ*ク wrote:
On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 00:54:39 +0000, Eeyore wrote:

"Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B" wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Not all of those in Guantanamo were even fighting.
No, a good deal of them were plotting.
You can read their MINDS now can you ?

Better to err on the side of caution than have a dirty bomb going off
in NYC, or even London, for that matter.
You mean 'better to ignore the rule of law' just in case don't you ?
Except apparently you can't see that. This is what happened in Germany
under Hitler btw with those pesky Jews, gypsies, homosexuals and
intellectuals. Maybe you'd like to lock those up too ?

Here's a flash: the Muslims don't particularly like the British
either...
Some Muslims ARE British ! Are you saying they don't like themselves ?

Graham

Arguing for the sake of arguing.

Pot, kettle

Nah.

I *KNOW* what I'm talking about.

Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

"Hachiroku ????" wrote in message
On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 09:48:30 +0000, Arfa Daily wrote:

"Hachiroku ????" wrote in message
On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 17:57:06 +0000, Arfa Daily wrote:

and his replacement with his long-term sidekick Brown. Because of
various political gaffes and demonstrations of ineptitude, Brown has
lost a considerable amount of political ground

Perhaps because of NOT calling a General Election he had alluded to, and
for someone losing 25M records?

We'll see. Over on this side, we generally like the British, and though
Blair may have been a 'lap dog', we really like him over here. He was
the best ally we had since Churchill.

Dig up some archival footage of Blair's first meeting with Clinton, and
*then* look at Blair's first meeting with Bush. With Clinton I thought
they were going to have to surgically separate them, and with Bush I
thought there was going to be a hockey game...in the middle of July!

We really appreciated Blair's friendship after 9/11. I was amazed at how
fast his 'chill' for Bush reverted.

There are some answers to all of this, but it will be quite long. I will
confine it to your Toyota group, if you want to hear them . You OK with
that ? Or I will mail you direct if you would prefer ? In the meantime,
see Graham's post about the Channel 4 programme "The Great Global Warming
Swindle". It was excellent, if you did not see it over there. I believe
it
is available on YouTube.

Arfa

Ya, mon, c'mon over to the Toyota group. Occasionally we talk about cars,
too!

This is from a post I made this morning, after listening to the BBC:

"China announces plastic bag ban"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7178287.stm

(China has announced a ban on plastic shopping bags, just like San
Francisco. But for what reason? The BBC reporter can't figure it out.
Let's give him a hand!)

(I sent this comment to the BBC

I can't understand why Quinten Somerville can't understand the Chinese
concern with plastic bags. In his first report he said, "...there are
bigger polluters like coal-fired power plants...". In his second report he
said "Green Peace hasn't said anything about plastic bags". In both cases
he answered his own quandry witin one breath: "...it takes 37 Million
barrels of oil to prduce these bags..."

The concern has nothing to do with pollution, or Green Peace; it has to do
with the 37 Million barrels of oil. Why waste a resource to produce
something that adds no value? The bags can't be recylcled into something
of value, and oil resources can be used for much more lucrative pursuits
such as computer parts, consumer goods or fuel for China's rapidly growing
automobile culture.

You might find this interesting ...

http://science.howstuffworks.com/gre...age-patch1.htm

Arfa

Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota

"Hachiroku ????" wrote in message
[...]

They did mention something about garbage dumps filling up. What I was
referring to was the reporter saying he couldn't understand why the
Chinese were concerned with plastic bags when their power plants and
refineries pollute much, much more. I found it amusing he didn't get the
point that they don't give a hang about pollution; it's all about the oil!!