Posted to rec.audio.tech, rec.audio.pro, sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio

Default WANTED: Nakamichi Service Tools

I am a serious buyer looking for your old dusty Nakamichi cassette
deck test tapes and alignment gauges.

I have a few things but I need to round out my collection.

I am looking for any items that were used to service Nakamichi
cassette decks, particularly the alignment devices and jigs.

Please e-mail me with anything you might have. I can send PayPal
payment as needed.

THANKS!

Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 08:14:06 -0800 (PST), EADGBE
wrote:

I am a serious buyer looking for your old dusty Nakamichi cassette
deck test tapes and alignment gauges.

I have a few things but I need to round out my collection.

I am looking for any items that were used to service Nakamichi
cassette decks, particularly the alignment devices and jigs.

Do you have a T-100? It's certainly not essential, but is a
treat to use, and makes the wow-n-flutter tapes work as they
should (with tactile feedback, for troubleshooting).

The head alignment guage is, unfortunately, absolutely
essential. As the classic Nak's age their pinch roller
arm pivots' lubricants become more wax than grease, and
will bind up solid. The only real solution is to pry 'em
out, wash the pivots in alcohol (a little bit for Santa
Claus, a little for the reindeer, a little more for Santa
Claus, etc.) and relube.

So you'll need the head alignment guage to set head "height".
There's no practical substitute, AFAIK.

You may be surprised to find The Nak Official Test Tapes
labeled "Teac", but this wasn't at all a bad thing back then.
They made the best.

Please e-mail me with anything you might have.

Have you found suitable sources of replacement rubber? That's
the critical issue.

I have all the Nak widgets needed for proper restorations,
and have been retired from the gig for several years. Not the
kinda guy to sell tools to "collectors" on eBay, I'd be
interested in finding a good home where they'll feel loved
and appreciated. And used.

Thanks, as always,

Chris Hornbeck
Posted to rec.audio.tech, rec.audio.pro, sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio

Hi, Chris:

Check your e-mail.

Posted to rec.audio.tech, rec.audio.pro, sci.electronics.repair,uk.rec.audio

bump