DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Can You Tell Before Resoldering If Motherboard Is Damaged? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/226500-can-you-tell-before-resoldering-if-motherboard-damaged.html)

[email protected] December 18th 07 02:00 AM

Can You Tell Before Resoldering If Motherboard Is Damaged?

Thanks to posts here, I've read up on resoldering DC jacks in general
and Lenovo ThinkPad's specifically. I came across a link that said
that you should prepare yourself for the DC resoldering not to work,
as the shorts/overheating that probably have been going on way before
your laptop broke probably damaged the board.

Is there any way of determining before going through the trouble if
the board really is damaged?