Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Samsung Syncmaster 175V Dim Picture

Hey all,

I have a Samsung Syncmaster 175V LCD monitor with a dim picture. It's
almost like the backlight is bad, but then when you use the on-screen
display, the menu is perfectly bright.

The menu appears "locked", and one time I did manage to get it
unlocked by pressing some button sequence, but have not yet been able
to repeat the feat.

After unlocking the display, the monitor seemed to be fine (i.e. full
brightness across the entire screen). However, every time the monitor
is turned off, it returns to this dim state.

I did some Google searches, and did see similar problems, but no real
solutions (one person did have an identical problem, but htere was no
solution posted as yet).

Any ideas? This monitor was very nice in it's day, and considering
the OSD shows up nice and bright, I tend to shy away from a backlight
problem.

Thanks for any help!

-Frank
Holland, PA

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:48:00 -0500, Meat Plow
wrote:

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 11:39:46 +0000, Frank wrote:

[...]

So you cannot get the monitor's setup unlocked?

Between last night and today, I found out how to unlock the controls
(hold + & - at the same time), but they become locked again. I don't
yet see a pattern other than they get locked if the PC and monitor get
turned off.

I will be trying a second video card shortly as well.

Very odd.

Thanks.