Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony CCD F55

I have a Sony CCD F55 that was given to me. Upon turning it on, I
looked through the viewfinder only to see the picture flipping (like a
television with it's vertical hold out of adjustment). Is there an
easy way to fix this problem, or will it have to go in for serious
surgery?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Most likely bad caps or some other components in the vertical deflection
circuits in the viewfinder. If you are familiar with troubleshooting TV
circuits, have the service manual, the service tools, and are able to work
with SMD components you can service this. The factory service people would
most likely change the circuit board because of the labour cost involved for
the time required and the parts required to do the fix.

If you are not experienced and equipped for this type of service, you would
be best off to get an estimate from a Sony service rep.

--

JANA
_____

wrote in message
I have a Sony CCD F55 that was given to me. Upon turning it on, I
looked through the viewfinder only to see the picture flipping (like a
television with it's vertical hold out of adjustment). Is there an
easy way to fix this problem, or will it have to go in for serious
surgery?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I assume this is an old analog recorder. You can probably get a new digital
model for $100 or so more than what a repair would cost.