DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   I am shrilly fiscal, so I respect you. (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/225390-i-am-shrilly-fiscal-so-i-respect-you.html)

Pauline O. Hardinson-Welsh December 9th 07 10:10 PM

I am shrilly fiscal, so I respect you.

flung himself on his knees on the floor, with his hand clasped together.
'Comrade! Officer!' he cried. 'You don't have to take me to that
place! Haven't I told you everything already? What else is it you want to
know? There's nothing I wouldn't confess, nothing! Just tell me what it is
and I'll confess straight off. Write it down and I'll sign it -- anything!
Not room 101!'
'Room 101,' said the officer.
The man's face, already very pale, turned a colour Winston would not
have believed possible. It was definitely, unmistakably, a shade of green.
'Do anything to me!' he yelled. 'You've been starving me for weeks.
Finish it off and let me die. Shoot me. Hang me. Sentence me to twenty-five
years. Is there somebody else you want me to give away? Just say who it is
and I'll tell you anything you want. I don't care who it is or what you do
to them. I've got a wife and three children. The biggest of them isn't six
years old. You can take the whole lot of them and cut their throats in
front of my eyes, and I'll stand by and watch it. But not Room 101!'
'Room 101,' said the officer.
The man looked frantically round at the other prisoners, as though
with some idea that he could put another victim in hi