DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   seek German-made switch (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/224920-seek-german-made-switch.html)

[email protected] December 6th 07 04:21 PM

seek German-made switch

Starkstrom-Gummersbach "cam operated controller"

it's a DPST rotary switch. shows part number K11

Google doesn't help.

Anyone?

Tilmann Reh December 6th 07 05:22 PM

seek German-made switch

schrieb:

Starkstrom-Gummersbach "cam operated controller"

it's a DPST rotary switch. shows part number K11

Google doesn't help.

Anyone?

I think that company is not in business anymore. It seems that they went
to Telemecanique, which is now a part of Schneider Electric.

I have read about companies making business with replacing such old and
obsolete parts by current ones of other makers (like Schneider :-) ).

Tilmann

--
http://www.autometer.de - Elektronik nach Maß.

Peter A Forbes December 6th 07 05:34 PM

seek German-made switch

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 08:21:33 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Starkstrom-Gummersbach "cam operated controller"

it's a DPST rotary switch. shows part number K11

Google doesn't help.

Anyone?

Look on the Moeller website, they have a range of 48mm square fronted switches,
SPST up to many ways.

TO-1-102/E is a DPST on/off switch with silver facia and black knob. 20A rated.

Peter

--
Peter & Rita Forbes
Email:

Web:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel

Jamie December 6th 07 11:36 PM

seek German-made switch

wrote:

Starkstrom-Gummersbach "cam operated controller"

it's a DPST rotary switch. shows part number K11

Google doesn't help.

Anyone?

are you referring to a "Drum switch" ?
Please show a picture of your bad part and maybe a size
gauge..

--
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

Wolfgang Allinger December 7th 07 01:15 AM

seek German-made switch

On 06 Dec 07 at group /sci/electronics/components in article
wrote:

Starkstrom-Gummersbach

[...]
Google doesn't help.

Google helps :-p

Starkstrom Gummersbach (Gummersbach is a small city in Germany) was
bought by SQUARE D (US Company), however SQUARE D was aquired later by
Schneider Electric (Telemecaniqe, France)

Saludos Wolfgang

--
Meine 7 Sinne:
Unsinn, Schwachsinn, Blödsinn, Wahnsinn, Stumpfsinn, Irrsinn, Lötzinn.

Prima12 December 7th 07 04:53 AM

seek German-made switch

try this.
http://www.spymac.com/details/?2315091

Wolfgang Allinger December 7th 07 08:17 PM

seek German-made switch

On 06 Dec 07 at group /sci/electronics/repair in article
(Prima12) wrote:

try this.
http://www.spymac.com/details/?2315091

What has it to do with the topic?
If we are off-topic, then is it you?
http://www.pylogic.com/hasengruber/a...erbert027.html

SCNR

Saludos Wolfgang

[email protected] December 7th 07 08:55 PM

seek German-made switch

Why does that switch have to be made in Germany? There are some Made in
America switches that are better.
cuhulin

clifto December 7th 07 09:35 PM

seek German-made switch

wrote:
Why does that switch have to be made in Germany? There are some Made in
America switches that are better.

I bet few of them are exact OEM replacements for made-in-Germany units.

--
Dec. 6 (Bloomberg) -- Government officials and activists flying to Bali,
Indonesia, for the United Nations meeting on climate change will cause

Wolfgang Allinger December 8th 07 12:58 AM

seek German-made switch

On 07 Dec 07 at group /sci/electronics/repair in article
wrote:

Why does that switch have to be made in Germany? There are some Made
in America switches that are better.
cuhulin

I don't know, but the OP seeks the original switch!
So tell him which american switch is compatible, not me :-)

Saludos Wolfgang