DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Samsung (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/222673-samsung.html)

lightangel November 26th 07 04:57 PM

Samsung

Hi Everyone, 11/26/07

I have a samsung 47" projection tv model no# hcn4727w

The other day I tryed turning It on and no sound or picture
just the little power light that kept blinking for a min or so.
Before this it did have a little blue blur spot but still was working.

Can anyone tell me if this is a easy fix or is it going to cost me?

Thanks Lightangel

--
lightangel

Dani November 27th 07 01:57 AM

Samsung

Most likely the two STK convergence IC's are bad, with a couple of
fusible resistors. Dani.

Art November 27th 07 10:59 AM

Samsung

Un-plug the convergence power board "CG AMP" and see if the set turns on, if
it does you have confirmed probable STK outputs, etc. Otherwise check for
fluid leaks on all the crts, crt drive boards, and both main circuit boards.
Also a common problem in these sets.