DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Christmas present, test kit, wish list ? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/221653-christmas-present-test-kit-wish-list.html)

n cook November 18th 07 02:47 PM

Christmas present, test kit, wish list ?

What test kit , not cuttently available for any love or money , would people
here like to be developed or invented?

Well the filthy local (central southern England) weather has stymied 2
outdoor things I was going to do today.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

John E. November 18th 07 09:14 PM

Christmas present, test kit, wish list ?

What test kit , not cuttently available for any love or money , would people
here like to be developed or invented?

DMM (V, I, R, C, Hz) with ESR measure capability.
--
John English

n cook November 18th 07 10:09 PM

Christmas present, test kit, wish list ?

John E. wrote in message
obal.net...
What test kit , not cuttently available for any love or money , would

people
here like to be developed or invented?

DMM (V, I, R, C, Hz) with ESR measure capability.
--
John English

I would have thought that existed.

Mine would be more exotic, some sort of conflation of infra-red, Xray camera
and pd monitor system that could capture images of properly functioning
equipment.
Different colours for the ac & dc currents in traces and different colours
for the ac & dc voltages at nodes for some standard input etc.
Then some "blink comparator" software that would immediately zero in on a
likely problem area for the same piece of equipment , after you've taken an
image capture. With an option to operate continuously and store any images
when substantial changes occur , for those intermittant faults.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England