DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Magnavox 9P6040C104 problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/221333-magnavox-9p6040c104-problem.html)

Max November 16th 07 07:11 PM

Magnavox 9P6040C104 problem

Hi Working on this rear projection tv Find out that blue lens has dirt
inside and need replace the coolant.Drain coolant but reliazed that dirt
still between lens and crt.To remove the lens I need torx key because
there is 4 sticks with torx on the end.Where can I find the torx key or
socket.I went to SEARS they don't have it just only for torx screws not
for sticks like this.Please help.Also when I turn the cooling access cap
I accidently broken it.Where can I find or order new cap.Thanks

PeterD November 16th 07 08:07 PM

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 11:11:50 -0800, Max wrote:

Hi Working on this rear projection tv Find out that blue lens has dirt
inside and need replace the coolant.Drain coolant but reliazed that dirt
still between lens and crt.To remove the lens I need torx key because
there is 4 sticks with torx on the end.Where can I find the torx key or
socket.I went to SEARS they don't have it just only for torx screws not
for sticks like this.Please help.Also when I turn the cooling access cap
I accidently broken it.Where can I find or order new cap.Thanks

Torx E wrenchs are at most auto-parts stores.

Max November 17th 07 05:37 AM

Magnavox 9P6040C104 problem

Bill S. wrote:
In article ,
says...
Hi Working on this rear projection tv Find out that blue lens has dirt
inside and need replace the coolant.Drain coolant but reliazed that dirt
still between lens and crt.To remove the lens I need torx key because
there is 4 sticks with torx on the end.Where can I find the torx key or
socket.

These are inverse (aka external) torx and go by E sizes instead
of T. I bought a set from SK tools for too much money, but
they fit properly.

Also when I turn the cooling access cap I accidently broken it.
Where can I find or order new cap.

I hate when that happens. If it's the bayonnet style plug that
takes 1/4 turn, I don't have any. Might still be available from
Philips or someone like partstore.com if you can find a part#.

Thanks a lot for your help