DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   CTC 187 problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/220528-ctc-187-problem.html)

[email protected] November 10th 07 12:22 PM

CTC 187 problem

I have a 35" RCA TV (ctc 187 Chassis) that has a problem that when the
TV is first turned on I have no Vertical or Horz. sync. untill it
warms up about 10 min or so. First Horz sync it gets in then Vert
roll slowly stops. After its warmed up the set works fine. I don't
have any diagrams on the set nor any O'scope to trace the problem
out. I've repaired TV's several years ago, but am flying by the seat
of my pants on this one. Any Help would be wonderful.
Thanks
Charles

hr(bob) [email protected] November 10th 07 11:32 PM

CTC 187 problem

On Nov 10, 11:28 am, Meat Plow wrote:
On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 04:22:14 -0800, sni754 wrote:
I have a 35" RCA TV (ctc 187 Chassis) that has a problem that when the
TV is first turned on I have no Vertical or Horz. sync. untill it
warms up about 10 min or so. First Horz sync it gets in then Vert
roll slowly stops. After its warmed up the set works fine. I don't
have any diagrams on the set nor any O'scope to trace the problem
out. I've repaired TV's several years ago, but am flying by the seat
of my pants on this one. Any Help would be wonderful.
Thanks
Charles

Bad electrolytic caps in the sync section. Get a schematic unless you have
a lot of time to waste.

You might try a small heat gun pointed at various componenets to see
what area of the chassis is the problem. Without a schematic, you are
shotgunning the set.

AJ November 12th 07 12:14 PM

CTC 187 problem

Possible effect of 'conductive glue' used to attach many of the smd items,
been known to contribrute to many Thomson related intermittants. As posted,
get a service manual of the sync processing circuitry and have at it.
Otherwise off it to the pros.
oups.com...