DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Mits. VS-4506R Lost vertical hold (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/220126-mits-vs-4506r-lost-vertical-hold.html)

D-unit[_2_] November 6th 07 02:01 PM

Mits. VS-4506R Lost vertical hold

This rear proj. TV has no vertical hold until
about 5 minutes of warm up. Leave it off for
30 minutes and you have to wait 5 minutes again.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Don

D-unit[_2_] November 6th 07 02:52 PM

"Meat Plow" wrote in message ...
On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 09:01:31 -0500, D-unit wrote:

This rear proj. TV has no vertical hold until
about 5 minutes of warm up. Leave it off for
30 minutes and you have to wait 5 minutes again.

Any ideas?

High ESR caps in the vert section. Got a schematic?

No.

:(

db

D-unit[_2_] November 6th 07 09:05 PM

"Meat Plow" wrote in message ...
On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 09:52:42 -0500, D-unit wrote:

"Meat Plow" wrote in message ...
On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 09:01:31 -0500, D-unit wrote:

This rear proj. TV has no vertical hold until
about 5 minutes of warm up. Leave it off for
30 minutes and you have to wait 5 minutes again.

Any ideas?

High ESR caps in the vert section. Got a schematic?

No.

:(

db

These guys do for a $20 download

http://www.servicemanuals.net/

If you're lucky maybe someone will chime in and tell you where exactly to
look, I can't.

However what I would do would be to figure out where the circuitry is,
wait until the vertical syncs up and dribble some cooler a drop at a time
on some of the caps while monitoring the screen. If you hit the right one
the vert will fall out of sync immediately. It's a hit or miss proposition
without a schematic and not something a tech doing this for a living would
consider except for a last ditch effort.

This is how I've always found intermittent parts..

What would be a better (more pro) solution to tracking down the problem?

I would like to learn.

Thanks,

Don

AJ November 6th 07 09:10 PM

Mits. VS-4506R Lost vertical hold

Does the menu come up stable on screen and just the video information loose
vert sync?
Does the set have PIP? Many post about caps going bad in PIP and other areas
of the set.

D-unit[_2_] November 6th 07 09:39 PM

"AJ" wrote in message . ..
Does the menu come up stable on screen and just the video information loose
vert sync?

I will check tonight.

Does the set have PIP? Many post about caps going bad in PIP and other areas
of the set.

As a matter of fact it does have PIP. I just never use it.

Thanks,
Don