DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Weird Panasonic TV behavior - troubleshooting suggestions? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/220066-weird-panasonic-tv-behavior-troubleshooting-suggestions.html)

John Hudak November 5th 07 04:17 PM

Weird Panasonic TV behavior - troubleshooting suggestions?

Hi:
I have a Panasonic CT-27D10B 27" tv that exhibits the following:

1) set is operating normally, then, instantaneously it shuts off (as if
someone used the on/off switch to turn it off). It will come back on
anywhere from 10 seconds to maybe 5 mins. Sometimes it will display the
setup screen, sometimes not.

Any ideas what may be causing this?

Thanks
John

John Hudak November 7th 07 03:00 PM

Meat Plow wrote:
On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 11:17:01 -0500, John Hudak wrote:

Hi:
I have a Panasonic CT-27D10B 27" tv that exhibits the following:

1) set is operating normally, then, instantaneously it shuts off (as if
someone used the on/off switch to turn it off). It will come back on
anywhere from 10 seconds to maybe 5 mins. Sometimes it will display the
setup screen, sometimes not.

Any ideas what may be causing this?

Start with the mains as the their removal for whatever
reason/problem usually results in many sets going into the setup mode upon
restoration of the mains.

That would be my inclination as well...however, given the behavior of
this beast, what do you think would be the cause? board trace? solder
joint? or a component?
I can't even guess what would be causing the problem - it does not seem
to be temperature related. Pressing on the board when it dies does not
seem to bring it back. There is a thermistor right after the PS
section. I haven't figured out what it does - suggestions?
Thanks
John

nipperchipper November 7th 07 03:57 PM

Weird Panasonic TV behavior - troubleshooting suggestions?

connections on the relay and on the thermistor were common problems also
resolder the vert o/p ic as their connections will break as well