Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default RCA TV model 27V412T, chassis M134C turns off, then on by itself

Hi,

I have a RCA TV model 27V412T, chassis M134C (mfg 01/06) in my shop
that seems to have a mind of it's own. My customer said this problem got
worse over time (a few weeks). I have Sams Photofact 5234.

The TV will play for a short time, then turn off, a short time later, it
turns back on, then again it goes off, etc. I checked all solder joints
(AOK).

HV is 28KV, reg B+ is 130V "run", and 10V in standby.. While the TV
played, flexing the circuit board (removed from it's holder), tapping the
circuit board, using a hot air gun on parts, had no effect.

I checked electroylitics in primary side of SMPS and reg. B+ (AOK).
I checked voltages on secondary side of SMPS and found a schematic
error for 24V source. I found 24V present at emitter of Q205 used as a
"switch" (one of several) which indicates the 24V source is normal.

Did anyone encounter a similar problem?

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Possibly bad tact switches. Unhook the FPA pcb plug, if this unit has
one. Dani.