DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cassette Pinch Roller (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/218544-cassette-pinch-roller.html)

CJB October 23rd 07 10:55 PM

Cassette Pinch Roller

Is there anywhere on the web I can order / purchase small pinch
rollers for a cassette recorder. The one I have now has a depression
due to the autostop not working and the player remaining on for many
hours before I noticed it. I actually need a company in the UK or one
that can ship to the UK. All I need is the roller - not the mounting.
I need a selection so that I can use the best one that fits. Many
thanks - Chris B.

Colin Horsley October 23rd 07 11:37 PM

Cassette Pinch Roller

"CJB" wrote in message
ups.com...
Is there anywhere on the web I can order / purchase small pinch
rollers for a cassette recorder. The one I have now has a depression
due to the autostop not working and the player remaining on for many
hours before I noticed it. I actually need a company in the UK or one
that can ship to the UK. All I need is the roller - not the mounting.
I need a selection so that I can use the best one that fits. Many
thanks - Chris B.

Size? Diameter/Height, internal hole size?

b October 23rd 07 11:57 PM

Cassette Pinch Roller

On Oct 23, 11:55 pm, CJB wrote:
Is there anywhere on the web I can order / purchase small pinch
rollers for a cassette recorder. The one I have now has a depression
due to the autostop not working and the player remaining on for many
hours before I noticed it. I actually need a company in the UK or one
that can ship to the UK. All I need is the roller - not the mounting.
I need a selection so that I can use the best one that fits. Many
thanks - Chris B.

make/model number of machine?

have you tried cpc, charles hyde, molgar etc etc...

Paige D'Winter[_2_] October 24th 07 12:00 AM

Cassette Pinch Roller

b wrote:
On Oct 23, 11:55 pm, CJB wrote:
Is there anywhere on the web I can order / purchase small pinch
rollers for a cassette recorder. The one I have now has a depression
due to the autostop not working and the player remaining on for many
hours before I noticed it. I actually need a company in the UK or one
that can ship to the UK. All I need is the roller - not the mounting.
I need a selection so that I can use the best one that fits. Many
thanks - Chris B.

make/model number of machine?

have you tried cpc, charles hyde, molgar etc etc...

GO SHOVE A CORTELCO FONE UP YOUR ASS.

n cook October 24th 07 10:30 PM

Cassette Pinch Roller

CJB wrote in message
ups.com...
Is there anywhere on the web I can order / purchase small pinch
rollers for a cassette recorder. The one I have now has a depression
due to the autostop not working and the player remaining on for many
hours before I noticed it. I actually need a company in the UK or one
that can ship to the UK. All I need is the roller - not the mounting.
I need a selection so that I can use the best one that fits. Many
thanks - Chris B.

Find a small local industrial rubber supply company.
Ask about cordage of the relevant diameter.
Drill a hole down the centre of a cut piece of this cordage.

local suppliers to me, Hampshire, England
Portmere
Martins
Comrie
Technix

Preferably go in when its quiet and stock up with a range of "O" rings and
they may give you a sample length of cordage, otherwise about 2GBP per
metre.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

CJB November 1st 07 11:47 AM

Cassette Pinch Roller

On Oct 24, 9:30 pm, "N Cook" wrote:
CJB wrote in message

ups.com...

[...]

electronic hints and repair briefs , schematics/manuals list onhttp://home.graffiti.net/diverse:graffiti.net/

OK - thanks everyone. Filing the bump out of the roller didn't work -
so replacement it is. I'll try the cordage idea. Hadn't thought of
that!! Great idea. Chris Brady.

CJB November 1st 07 11:48 AM

Cassette Pinch Roller

On Oct 23, 10:57 pm, b wrote:
On Oct 23, 11:55 pm, CJB wrote:

Is there anywhere on the web I can order / purchase small pinch
rollers for a cassette recorder. The one I have now has a depression
due to the autostop not working and the player remaining on for many
hours before I noticed it. I actually need a company in the UK or one
that can ship to the UK. All I need is the roller - not the mounting.
I need a selection so that I can use the best one that fits. Many
thanks - Chris B.

make/model number of machine?

have you tried cpc, charles hyde, molgar etc etc...

Alba - CRS2005 - DUAL CASSETTE RECORDER.

But even Alba can't help!!

Chris B.

b November 1st 07 12:14 PM

Cassette Pinch Roller

On Nov 1, 12:48 pm, CJB wrote:
On Oct 23, 10:57 pm, b wrote:

On Oct 23, 11:55 pm, CJB wrote:

Is there anywhere on the web I can order / purchase small pinch
rollers for a cassette recorder. The one I have now has a depression
due to the autostop not working and the player remaining on for many
hours before I noticed it. I actually need a company in the UK or one
that can ship to the UK. All I need is the roller - not the mounting.
I need a selection so that I can use the best one that fits. Many
thanks - Chris B.

make/model number of machine?

have you tried cpc, charles hyde, molgar etc etc...

Alba - CRS2005 - DUAL CASSETTE RECORDER.

But even Alba can't help!!

Chris B.

a pic of the mech and pinch roller would be useful.chances are it will
be the same one used on any number of budget machines, the ones
pre-1984 ish were larger and the ones after that are smaller. you may
have to get one from a cannibalised junk radio/cassette or midi system
from the tip or car boot sale.

meanwhile here is a page with a few
http://www.molgar.com/asp/listado.as...m_actual=11093