DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Why did the professional camera reviewers totally miss a serious flaw in the camera? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/217602-why-did-professional-camera-reviewers-totally-miss-serious-flaw-camera.html)

[email protected] October 25th 07 10:00 PM

Duct tape was: [ Why did the professional camera reviewers totally miss a serious flaw in the camera?]

On 21 Oct, 18:25, John McWilliams wrote:
Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Then you don't know the proper way to use duck (duct) tape. In a
case like this, you use the tape to hold something against the door, so
it CAN'T move.

Where in world did you come up with duck?? One doesn't tape ducks; one
tapes ducts. except it isn't very good for that.....

Some american hardware stores stock duct tape with the trade name
Duck.

Makes me laugh.

jim evans October 25th 07 10:51 PM

http://www.duckproducts.com/products...atID=1&SubID=1

John McWilliams October 26th 07 12:49 AM

jim evans wrote:
On 21 Oct, 18:25, John McWilliams wrote:
Where in world did you come up with duck?? One doesn't tape ducks

http://www.duckproducts.com/products...atID=1&SubID=1

This was posted eons ago. fu set

==

Ken G. October 26th 07 01:06 AM

Why did the professional camera reviewers totally miss aseriou...

I realize things now are made pretty thin and flimzy but the makers
cannot be responsable when the product is dropped on a hard surface or
it was treated with rough hands .

John Tserkezis October 26th 07 02:26 AM

Ken G. wrote:

I realize things now are made pretty thin and flimzy but the makers
cannot be responsable when the product is dropped on a hard surface or
it was treated with rough hands .

Agreed. I've said it before, and I'll say it again (regardless of the nut
cases who insist that cheap garbage should be as good as the high-end gear):
You get what you pay for.

Some time back, a colleague who worked at our local Nikon distributor here
in Australia told of a story where someone in a hurry to get where they're
going threw their "happy snappy" style Nikon onto the back seat and closed the
door.

In reality, it slipped off the seat, the cord being snagged by the door,
with the camera now resting on the ground.

They drove to wherever they were going, all the while thinking there was
something seriously wrong with the engine with all that clicketing going on.

Anyway, get to their destination, thought to worry about the engine later,
and come round to collect the stuff (camera included) from the back seat.

Horrified to find a now very battered camera.

Fast forward to how Maxwell's found out, they had brought it in to see what
can be done about the metal "case" (still worked after all that). Maxwell's
offered to take the camera off their hands, replace it with a new one, and
keep the old battered one on a glass shelf in the reception area demonstrating
what the things will endure and still work.

And these guys are whining about a measly door clip. Wimps.

--
Linux Registered User # 302622
http://counter.li.org