Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gb gb is offline

Default Weller "EC" series thermocouple

Yes,
the platinum "Type K" thermocouple sensor is still available from Weller
for the EC 1201 soldering handpiece (iron, pencil)

That Weller part number is EC 229 SENSOR
Price is around $50 new from distributors (platinum commodity prices have
not helped)
I have picked this up cheaper from some distributor close-outs and eBay
sellers.

BTW, the part is the SAME price as Weller's repair department (Apex, NC) to
fix the EC1201A iron !!
Call Weller !
(800) 476-3030 extension 2
FAX: (919) 387-2640

BAMA has the Weller Tech Sheets that I had in my repair library
http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/weller/

gb

Greetings,

I'm sure there are many out here who have a Weller EC1001 (base is
EC1002) soldering station (analog variable temp control - iron and base
are in the Weller 'aqua' color, and base is similar to the current
WES-51 base). I have one and it seems the thermocouple has broken (42W
iron). Does anyone have the specs for it, have a spare iron (that works
fine) they want to part with, or have a cheap workaround? It shouldn't
be tough to turn it into a variable wattage iron, but if I could get the
temp control back, that would be great. I don't even have the specs on
what the base should see at various temps.

It's old and Weller stopped making them in 2002, but if I can keep it
usable, and for much less than just going out and replacing it, I could
keep it out of the landfill....

Thanks in advance,
Dr. Skip