Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony KV-32V15

I have a Sony TV that the horizontal output trans is blown. I
understand that this also takes out a bunch of parts in the power
supply section. Can anyone tell me which parts those are and where I
can purchase them? I heard that certain electronics dealers have
repair kits that you can purchase. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
ps.com...
I have a Sony TV that the horizontal output transistor is blown.
I understand that this also takes out a bunch of parts in the
power supply section. Can anyone tell me which parts those
are and where I can purchase them? I heard that certain
electronics dealers have repair kits that you can purchase.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Starting at least as early as 1974, Sony manufactured TVs with switching
power supplies (sometimes incorrectly referred to as "digital" supplies).
The switching frequency was set by the horizontal oscillator frequency.

When my KV-1920's PS went out around 1982, I didn't want to pay the $80 or
so repair would cost. (Back then, that seemed like a lot of money.) I had
the service manual, so... But a Sony rep talked me out of it. He said that
multiple components could fail, sometimes in a cascade. If you didn't find
and fix all of them, you ran the risk of a remaining bad component taking
out one or more of the new ones. So I paid for the repair.

You don't sound as if you have much experience repairing electronic
equipment. This is one job I'd turn over to an expert -- if you can find one
anymore!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
ps.com...
I have a Sony TV that the horizontal output trans is blown. I
understand that this also takes out a bunch of parts in the power
supply section. Can anyone tell me which parts those are and where I
can purchase them? I heard that certain electronics dealers have
repair kits that you can purchase. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

B & D Enterprises. 800-458-6053

You'll need the number off the horizonal output transistor, also you'll need
to get the two 2SC4834's in the switchmode power section, and the .1 ohm
micron resistor right there near them. To prevent recurrence resolder the
horizontal drive transformer - a small transformer near the horiz. output
transistor.

Mark Z.