DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   PTK195Y06B pincushion problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/216847-ptk195y06b-pincushion-problem.html)

bribieboy October 8th 07 09:02 AM

PTK195Y06B pincushion problem

My father-in-law has an RCA P52960 TV with severe pincushioning. It
only appeared to happen after the local cable company changed from TWC
to Comcast and they installed a new digital cable box. I think this
is just coincidence but maybe I'm wrong.

The centre is fine but the outsides are terrible. I have a pic I can
send.

Any ideas where the problem could be?

Thanks

systemtek October 8th 07 04:16 PM

On 8 Oct, 09:02, bribieboy wrote:
My father-in-law has an RCA P52960 TV with severe pincushioning. It
only appeared to happen after the local cable company changed from TWC
to Comcast and they installed a new digital cable box. I think this
is just coincidence but maybe I'm wrong.

The centre is fine but the outsides are terrible. I have a pic I can
send.

Any ideas where the problem could be?

Thanks

Is it possible you can try another TV ? It might be a fault with the
TV or a rare fault with the cable box possibly. Maybe pincushion
settings if the TV has any that can be adjusted, not familair with RCA
stuff as im in the UK but some do have the option to change such
settings.

Duncan

bribieboy October 8th 07 05:16 PM

On Oct 8, 11:16 am, systemtek wrote:
On 8 Oct, 09:02, bribieboy wrote:

My father-in-law has an RCA P52960 TV with severe pincushioning. It
only appeared to happen after the local cable company changed from TWC
to Comcast and they installed a new digital cable box. I think this
is just coincidence but maybe I'm wrong.

The centre is fine but the outsides are terrible. I have a pic I can
send.

Any ideas where the problem could be?

Thanks

Is it possible you can try another TV ? It might be a fault with the
TV or a rare fault with the cable box possibly. Maybe pincushion
settings if the TV has any that can be adjusted, not familair with RCA
stuff as im in the UK but some do have the option to change such
settings.

Duncan

OK. I bybassed the digital box and still the same. Also another TV
works fine. Sorta points to the RCA. I haven't pulled the front
cover off to see what controls are there. I've left there for now,
next time I'm over I'll have a look.

Steve

Dani October 10th 07 03:57 AM

PTK195Y06B pincushion problem

Check the convergence power supply, the board in the top right hand of
the "light box"! Also, check the blue square high
voltage capacitor, & large barrell diode in the pincushion correction
circuit on the main board. Possibly, but unlikely, it could be the
large convergence board bottom right hand side of the "light box"!
Dani.

AJ October 10th 07 11:08 PM

PTK195Y06B pincushion problem

Check the PCC Diode and Capacitor, both in very close proximetry of the
H-Output. Referred to as the blue square capacitor, if defective you will
notice it may be a bit swelled on the sides, replace the associated diode
also.
ups.com...