Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,sci.electronics.repair

Default Wabash Deluxe 1158 by Wexler amp ?

I just got it out of storage from about 8 years ago, it's a Wabash
Deluxe Model 1158 amp in a tweed case made by David Wexler & Co.,
Chicago with an Electrovoice Wolverine LS-15, 15 inch speaker. It has
two chassis, and upper and lower.
The lower has a 5Y3, 2 6L6GB, 6SN7, 12AX7, and 6JS7.
The upper has 2 12AX7 and several inputs and controls.
Left side is a jack for Tremolo and 2 pots for Speed and Strength. Next
is 3 jacks for Guitar or other instruments along with a Bass, Volume and
Treble control. Then to the right there are two identical areas each
labeled Microphone or Accordion along with respective Volume and Tone
controls. After I got it, I could find nothing Googling, same result
today, must be a rare item.
I need to get the dust and crap out of it and bring it up slowly with a
Variac.
If anyone has any info like a schematic I'd sure like to know.
tnx
Hank WD5JFR

Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,sci.electronics.repair

On Oct 5, 3:31 pm, "Henry Kolesnik"
wrote:
[...]

That sounds like a hootnanny of a jam session amp!

Try this and thank Yahoo!

http://wexlermusic.com/

Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,sci.electronics.repair

Sent them a note..
And posted pics on newsgroup:
alt.binaries.pictures.radio

oups.com...
wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,sci.electronics.repair

Several of the tubes have a date code of 5 52

I'd make that the fourth quarter of 1955.

Alan

Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,sci.electronics.repair

On Oct 7, 8:05 am, "Henry Kolesnik"
wrote:
[...]

Hank WD5JFR- Hide quoted text -

I sold Jeff Angus a Gibson BR-(7?) that dated to 1946-7 maybe. It
sounds like a mighty useful amp to me and worth the attempt.

Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,sci.electronics.repair

Wexler called me back and said they haven't been in that line for over
50 years but if they found anything they'd let me know. I was impressed
that they called back, good people.

--

73
Hank WD5JFR
[...]

Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,sci.electronics.repair

On Oct 10, 5:42 pm, "Henry Kolesnik"
wrote:
Wexler called me back and said they haven't been in that line for over
50 years but if they found anything they'd let me know. I was impressed
that they called back, good people.

--

73
Hank WD5JFR"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message

et...

[...]

I'm glad you have gotten to at least a vague memory! I hope that
helped?

Norm's Deluxe Router Station Jim Hall Woodworking Plans and Photos 2 July 12th 07 12:08 AM
sega rally 2 deluxe Peter hancox Electronics Repair 0 June 22nd 06 10:09 PM
DELUXE SANDBOX J T Woodworking 1 December 28th 05 11:57 PM
Boyer Shultz Six Twelve Deluxe help needed david Metalworking 6 September 5th 03 01:56 AM