DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Need coaxial cable with special F-type connector (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/216366-need-coaxial-cable-special-f-type-connector.html)

woodpecker October 3rd 07 07:22 AM

Need coaxial cable with special F-type connector

The female end of my cable connector on my TV has gotten finicky and
doesn't do well with the typical F-type coaxial cable connector with
the narrow band for tightening that comes from my VCR. The picture
occasionally goes out and wiggling it brings it back, temporarily.
But if I connect the cable directly from the wall to the TV, it works
fine. That connector has a wide ring that can slide up or down the
cable but when screwed onto the female end, apparently snugs the male
connector in better. (I have a photo of this other connector if I
could post it somewhere. Is there a place to post photos for this
group?) If needed, I will try to contact aaarfproducts per their
website.

The cable connector in the TV has also turned some when I tightened
down connectors I was trying, but, again, the TV is working fine with
direct cable.

Woodpecker