DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tec 2445 Start up 'bright spot' ?? beam set , hot or cold ? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/215820-tec-2445-start-up-bright-spot-beam-set-hot-cold.html)

Graham September 27th 07 07:57 PM

Tec 2445 Start up 'bright spot' ?? beam set , hot or cold ?

Have I a problem or is this normal ??

On power up , there is a short period of nothing , followed by the
front panel -center lights short flash- then trigger lamps ligth and
reamin lit , scope then runs normally ... I think this is normal
start up -checks-

But I get a very bright spot on the tube before , normal operation
starts , normally center bottom screen- only for a short time may be
1/5 second ...

ive the set the eht board up -twice- now , for intensity, as in no
spot at zero control setting ..I find that when the scope is 'cold'
with zero intensity setting , i get a slight trace , as it warms up ,
15 mins or so , this falls to 'zero' as i had set up ..

Q is the bright spot at start 'normal' , and should i set the beam
cureant with the scopr hot or cold ... i would of thought 'hot' ?

Tnx

Grahm ..

Jim Yanik September 27th 07 09:55 PM

Tec 2445 Start up 'bright spot' ?? beam set , hot or cold ?

Graham wrote in
ups.com:

Have I a problem or is this normal ??

On power up , there is a short period of nothing , followed by the
front panel -center lights short flash- then trigger lamps ligth and
reamin lit , scope then runs normally ... I think this is normal
start up -checks-

But I get a very bright spot on the tube before , normal operation
starts , normally center bottom screen- only for a short time may be
1/5 second ...

Too short to do any harm.

ive the set the eht board up -twice- now , for intensity, as in no
spot at zero control setting ..I find that when the scope is 'cold'
with zero intensity setting , i get a slight trace , as it warms up ,
15 mins or so , this falls to 'zero' as i had set up ..

Q is the bright spot at start 'normal' , and should i set the beam
cureant with the scopr hot or cold ... i would of thought 'hot' ?

Tnx

Grahm ..

make adjustments to the scope after a 20 minute warmup.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Graham September 27th 07 11:15 PM

On Sep 27, 9:55 pm, Jim Yanik wrote:
Graham wrote roups.com:

[...]

Ok thanks for that Jim,

Ive finally sorted the scope out , .after sorting it the first
time , found the y2 bnc socket middle had become loose .. replaced
that .. . I ran over the eht board set up , (all 6 pots) after it had
been running about 4 hours ..

Q you mean set after 20 mins .. or a minimum of 20 ? ie was 4 hours
too long , I assumed it would be best at working temp ? ..

On the start up 'spot' I must admitt , I cannot remember if this
happend in the past or just since i have changed the eht boad , Is
there a set up for this or is a 'normal' function .. stays for about
the time to say 'one' then the main trace and data displays slowly
fade up .

At least it working

Tnx

Graham ..