DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   about mac plus (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/215819-about-mac-plus.html)

[email protected] September 27th 07 07:39 PM

about mac plus

i baught an old APPLE - MAC PLUS computer . i pluged it to 230 v ac .
nothing happened .
so i opened the cover . i saw the fuse inside it had burst . so i
changed a onw 5 amp fuse . and i powdered it ON . i saw spark of fire
in POWDER/SWEEP board . and again the new fuse had burst . i think
some component had burst too. so please give me an idea to repaire
it . OR give me the circuit ,so that i can verify it...

Michael Black September 27th 07 08:16 PM

about mac plus

) writes:
i baught an old APPLE - MAC PLUS computer . i pluged it to 230 v ac .
nothing happened .
so i opened the cover . i saw the fuse inside it had burst . so i
changed a onw 5 amp fuse . and i powdered it ON . i saw spark of fire
in POWDER/SWEEP board . and again the new fuse had burst . i think
some component had burst too. so please give me an idea to repaire
it . OR give me the circuit ,so that i can verify it...

The power supply is very close to what's inside the Apple II, so
find the schematic (it was in the Apple II manuals) and you have
a good start.

Of course, this is assuming the power supply is the problem. SOmething
further on could be at fault, straining the power supply and blowing
the fuse.

Michael