Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 27PT6442/37 Blown Fuse

I have a set, Philips 27PT6442/37 with a blown line fuse. Reading up
on the problem produced this
"
Symptom:
Dead set. Open AC line fuse, 1500. Replacement may blow again.
CLUE If degaussing coil is unplugged fuse blows will stop.

Cause:
Current parameters of degauss resistor and degauss coil

Remove degauss resistor 3523 (white rectangle) and replace using
location 3507 with service code 2122 663 00019, a 3 ohm PTC resistor.
Give close attention to the marking on the CBA for 3507.

"

I replaced the fuse with an exact replacement, and so far the set
hasn't blown the fuse again, but something caused it to blow in the
first place (I assume the degauss coil problem).

Why did they replace the part? Engineering mistake? Is this a proper
repair? I went ahead and bought the 212266300019 & 242208610914, but
wanted to make sure this is a legit fix before I go sticking parts in.

Thanks,
Steve

Blown fuse R. Gregg Reed Home Repair 45 December 14th 05 12:11 PM
VCR dead - fuse blown? [email protected] Electronics Repair 8 April 6th 05 09:00 PM
Blown Fuse C Electronics Repair 5 February 7th 05 01:24 AM
Pioneer CLD-870 -Blown Fuse ED Electronics 2 March 27th 04 07:20 AM
blown fuse in sub-woofer heckubiss Electronics Repair 8 August 20th 03 01:44 AM