Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Mits VS6026, V12 chassis

I hate these as much as anyone else who has worked on them. Not really
hate, but you know what I mean.

Set comes in with the 80 volt supply shorted, turned out to be an
electrolytic. That feeds the T&B pin ckt, so originally I thought the
transistors were shorted but no. Found the old C914 in the PS causing
overvoltage. So I got the high voltage back up but now there is no
video. There is OSD, and you can just barely see something when
changing channels. There is also no audio.

This may be unrelated but the convergence won't align. The error is
constant on the whole screen but the DC levels are out of range
slightly.

Power supply seems good. But then it had this overvoltage condition.
On the standup boards I've checked the regulators, everything seems
OK. I have video going to the jungle, and into the video amp IC, the
AN91A14 or whatever. I have checked just about every blamking line I
can find, including the spot killer just in case the audio problem is
unrelated, but the collector of that transistor is low. In fact all
blanking seems to be OK, by the waveforms they give.

The audio output is OK, and the fact that there is no sound is
starting to lead me to think it is in the muting that runs when you
change channels or sources.

I go on the premise that the customer did not watch the TV without
audio or video until those caps went bad. Did the overvoltage
condition cause this ? I think it likely, but I just can't find
it,,,,yet.

Anybody experienced on the V12 chassis, does this ring a bell for you
or anything. Any pointers would be highly appreciated.

JURB

Mits VS-60801 [email protected] Electronics Repair 3 September 15th 06 09:40 PM
32" Sony tv model:KV-32S22,chassis:SCC-K97D-A,chassis:AA-2D [email protected] Electronics Repair 2 February 8th 06 01:55 PM
Mits Remote Asimov Electronics Repair 3 December 2nd 05 01:42 AM
Mits VS6047 Tom W Electronics Repair 1 September 1st 04 02:37 AM
Mits.PIP Bill Phillips Electronics Repair 12 November 30th 03 07:43 AM