Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Prima 27 inch tv.

model number Q 2770 lack of red on the screen, replaced the crt board,
with one from a working tv, but after finding r 936 open (220 ohms),
picture is still lacking red, & I ca't find any resistors open, or
leaky, or shorted diodes, or drive transistor. What could it be?
Thanks for your time, Robin.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
AJ AJ is offline

Take a 68k resistor and ground the red cathode, screen should go red with
retrace. If not you have a bad crt. Then trace the signal back from the red
output devcie to the video processor is to determine if indeed you are
getting red video bias and drive from that area. Good schematic and scope
will assist greatly.
wrote in message
ps.com...
model number Q 2770 lack of red on the screen, replaced the crt board,
with one from a working tv, but after finding r 936 open (220 ohms),
picture is still lacking red, & I ca't find any resistors open, or
leaky, or shorted diodes, or drive transistor. What could it be?
Thanks for your time, Robin.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

thanks for the help but the CRT board IS bad, the unit works fine with
a test one from a working set and the pix tube is fine.
I can't find what's bad on the crt board, except the 220 ohm risistor.
Robin.

On Sep 18, 7:55 pm, " wrote:
model number Q 2770 lack of red on the screen, replaced the crt board,
with one from a working tv, but after finding r 936 open (220 ohms),
picture is still lacking red, & I ca't find any resistors open, or
leaky, or shorted diodes, or drive transistor. What could it be?
Thanks for your time, Robin.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

If the 220 ohm resistor is bad, did you change it yet? Check the driver
transistors on the board. If it is an IC that does the drive, change that
also.

--

JANA
_____

ups.com...

On Sep 18, 7:55 pm, " wrote:
model number Q 2770 lack of red on the screen, replaced the crt board,
with one from a working tv, but after finding r 936 open (220 ohms),
picture is still lacking red, & I ca't find any resistors open, or
leaky, or shorted diodes, or drive transistor. What could it be?
Thanks for your time, Robin.

table saw with 2.5 inch or 4 inch dust port? pzi Woodworking 3 November 18th 06 05:37 AM
bending 1/2 inch wide stock to a 3/8 inch radius mm Home Repair 19 November 14th 06 02:19 PM
48 Inch Vanity between 2 walls...But 49 inch top wont fit Masonry321 Home Repair 5 February 10th 06 10:07 AM
potterton prima 30F itstoshort UK diy 2 February 7th 05 09:10 PM
atlas 6 inch compound rest same as 10 inch? Sir Al Babin Metalworking 1 July 28th 03 02:24 AM