Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Dead LCD inverter for 7 inch portable DVD player - help with replacement

Can anyone tell me where I can find a replacement LCD inverter for a
portable DVD player?

The player is a Yamada / UMax PDiX-770

The LCD panel is a 7 inch, single lamp model A070FW03 V1 - I believe
manufactured by AU Optronics

The (dead) inverter has no part number on it that I can trace on the
web - the only markings that begin to look like a part number are "TDF
0435"

The input is 3-pin

I'd probably just go ahead and try a generic LCD inverter except that
I can't see one that is on a suitable sized board - the DVD player is
cramped for space (unsurprisingly) - the existing inverter is about
103mm long / 13mm wide / 4mm high - there might be room in the case
for something marginally bigger, but not much!

Any help gratefully received.

NuttingCDEF

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"NuttingCDEF" wrote in message
ups.com...
Can anyone tell me where I can find a replacement LCD inverter for a
portable DVD player?

The player is a Yamada / UMax PDiX-770

The LCD panel is a 7 inch, single lamp model A070FW03 V1 - I believe
manufactured by AU Optronics

The (dead) inverter has no part number on it that I can trace on the
web - the only markings that begin to look like a part number are "TDF
0435"

The input is 3-pin

I'd probably just go ahead and try a generic LCD inverter except that
I can't see one that is on a suitable sized board - the DVD player is
cramped for space (unsurprisingly) - the existing inverter is about
103mm long / 13mm wide / 4mm high - there might be room in the case
for something marginally bigger, but not much!

Any help gratefully received.

NuttingCDEF

You could try looking at

http://www.lcdpart.com/doc/ccfl.html

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 13:45:42 -0700 NuttingCDEF
wrote in Message id:
. com:

Can anyone tell me where I can find a replacement LCD inverter for a
portable DVD player?

The player is a Yamada / UMax PDiX-770

The LCD panel is a 7 inch, single lamp model A070FW03 V1 - I believe
manufactured by AU Optronics

I posted this link about a month ago. These folks have your inverter:
http://www.ergpower.com/pdf30/cross.pdf
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Thanks for the link. The inverter for the A070FW03 panel is listed as
D8md60J2. However, in the web store part of their site, the data
sheet gives the dimensions of that inverter as 20.1mm x 90.9mm x 8mm.
While electrically it is probably bang on, my problem is that it is
significantly too wide / high to fit in the slot in the case. I'll
contact them to see if they do anything else that might work, but any
other suggestions anyone can make would be helpful.

On 19 Sep, 10:38, JW wrote:
On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 13:45:42 -0700 NuttingCDEF
. com:

Portable dvd player Bob Home Repair 1 June 18th 07 09:00 PM
LCD TV not working - inverter or backlight dead? Greg Electronics Repair 3 April 13th 07 05:25 PM
Portable DVD Player Mary Home Repair 13 January 18th 07 09:22 PM
Problem with portable MP3 player Jo Electronics Repair 0 January 21st 06 10:45 AM
DataView 17" LCD TV / Dead Backlight-Inverter System Jerome Halphen Electronics Repair 0 March 14th 05 04:58 PM