Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default RCA Color missing

Hi Group, I am working on a RCA TV #F32645, CTC203CH3 it was a dead
set, I replaced the flyback, hot, and the vert. output u14501, the set
came alive, ok, now the color is missing, it is in basicly black &
white, there is some color, but it is very very very very faint, i
checked all the resistors, they seem to be fine, when I use the menu
controls they don't do anything, the screens are in color, but other
than that, I'm clueless @ this point, any help in this matter will be
taken seriously, and you will be rewarded with my sincere gratitude,
Thanx, Stan...

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

This is in general:
You will need the service manual, and a scope. Check to see if you have the
burst oscillator working in the colour demodulator section.

The most simple check you can do is determine if there is proper voltages to
the colour demodulator section.

One thing that may have also happened is that there may be a missing voltage
from the secondary supply side of the flyback output side. If you look in
the schematic of most TV sets, the flyback output goes to some high speed
diods and then to some filter caps. This is to supply secondary power to
specific sections of the TV set.

--

JANA
_____

"Tonto" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi Group, I am working on a RCA TV #F32645, CTC203CH3 it was a dead
set, I replaced the flyback, hot, and the vert. output u14501, the set
came alive, ok, now the color is missing, it is in basicly black &
white, there is some color, but it is very very very very faint, i
checked all the resistors, they seem to be fine, when I use the menu
controls they don't do anything, the screens are in color, but other
than that, I'm clueless @ this point, any help in this matter will be
taken seriously, and you will be rewarded with my sincere gratitude,
Thanx, Stan...

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art Art is offline

Another possibility is the colour crystal may have become dislodged while
doing the other servicing or the solder connections in that area may be
flakey.
"JANA" wrote in message

This is in general:
You will need the service manual, and a scope. Check to see if you have
the
burst oscillator working in the colour demodulator section.

The most simple check you can do is determine if there is proper voltages
the colour demodulator section.

One thing that may have also happened is that there may be a missing
voltage
from the secondary supply side of the flyback output side. If you look in
the schematic of most TV sets, the flyback output goes to some high speed
diods and then to some filter caps. This is to supply secondary power to
specific sections of the TV set.

--

JANA
_____