Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Foot Pedal Hardware Error

I have tried to connect the foot pedal (COM1 port - using express
scribe) to my pc for medical transcription work, but could not
succeeded. The message has appeared as

Foot Pedal Hardware Error

Unable to open COM port.

this means you have selected wrong COM port and it is either being
used for something else or is does not exist in your computer.

If you have encountered such problems pleas guide, how to overcome
this problem.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

) writes:
I have tried to connect the foot pedal (COM1 port - using express
scribe) to my pc for medical transcription work, but could not
succeeded. The message has appeared as

Is the foot pedal broken? Are you planning to open it up and
fix it?

If not, then you've blundered on the wrong newsgroup. This
is about the repair of electronic equipment, not fixing software
problems, or operator error.

There are lots of newsgroups related to computers, where such
questions belong.

Michael
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sep 11, 10:09 pm, (Michael Black) wrote:
) writes:
I have tried to connect the foot pedal (COM1 port - using express
scribe) to my pc for medical transcription work, but could not
succeeded. The message has appeared as

Is the foot pedal broken? Are you planning to open it up and
fix it?

If not, then you've blundered on the wrong newsgroup. This
is about the repair of electronic equipment, not fixing software
problems, or operator error.

There are lots of newsgroups related to computers, where such
questions belong.

Michael

Mr. Michael,

Thank you for the suggestion. The problem i have reported is related
to foot pedal (which works with express scribe), an electronic item,
can be attached to PC - COM port.

I hope, i am in the right track, if u have any suggesions, pl help.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

) writes:
I have tried to connect the foot pedal (COM1 port - using express
scribe) to my pc for medical transcription work, but could not
succeeded. The message has appeared as
Is the foot pedal broken? Are you planning to open it up and
fix it?

If not, then you've blundered on the wrong newsgroup. This
is about the repair of electronic equipment, not fixing software
problems, or operator error.

There are lots of newsgroups related to computers, where such
questions belong.

Michael

Mr. Michael,

Thank you for the suggestion. The problem i have reported is related
to foot pedal (which works with express scribe), an electronic item,
can be attached to PC - COM port.

I hope, i am in the right track, if u have any suggesions, pl help.

The message you're getting is in all probability due to the computer,
not the pedal. Something in your computer is using COM1 - a modem, a
printer, a UPS, a PDA synchronization cable, etc. and that is why your
pedal won't work. In particular, do you have an internal dialup-fax
modem? Does you PC (PC? Mac?) have only one external COM ports?- Hide quoted text -

Hi,

Thank you for your kind suggestions,

Now I have replaced the foot pedal and is working now, without any
modifications/changes.
Thank you once again for your assistance.