Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony KV27TS11 troubleshoot?

This is the set that uses the STR3035 IC for regulation, and I have
basically determined that the chip's output (pin 4) is basically
shorted to ground, i.e. it has only 0.79V to ground. I know the short
isn't coming from the STR3035 because I actually snipped the pin 4
lead going to the pcb, and there is still a short (about 1 ohm to
ground) from the pcb.

It would be a nightmare to trace all the connections, and I was
wondering if anyone out there can send me a schematic to speed up my
troubleshooting. So basically, if I plug into mains, the relay fires
up, and then nothing happens except after about 10 seconds, you smell
the very hot 220 ohm, 20W resistors heating up rapidly. My suspicion
is that some transistor is toast, but I don't have a clue which one.
There is no sign of burnt marks anywhere. According to the previous
owner, the TV just decided to shut itself down one day.....

Schematic or any ideas, anyone?

Thanks,
Richard