Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Digital Compact Cassette Problem

I own a Phillips DCC-900 Digital Compact Cassette Deck. I haven't done
much with this deck for several years and hooked it up recently to
migrate some digital cassettes to another format. When I first began,
tapes played fine. After a week or so, random drop outs began to
occur. I found some information on the service mode of this deck, and
noticed it was experiencing error rates of 100 or so. Normal cassette
tapes also do not play correctly either. I have tried cleaned the
heads of this deck, to no avail.

Does anyone have any technical information on this deck or any
suggestions for this problem. Thanks.
-Shawn

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"instantwow" wrote in message
ups.com...
I own a Phillips DCC-900 Digital Compact Cassette Deck. I haven't done
much with this deck for several years and hooked it up recently to
migrate some digital cassettes to another format. When I first began,
tapes played fine. After a week or so, random drop outs began to
occur. I found some information on the service mode of this deck, and
noticed it was experiencing error rates of 100 or so. Normal cassette
tapes also do not play correctly either. I have tried cleaned the
heads of this deck, to no avail.

Does anyone have any technical information on this deck or any
suggestions for this problem. Thanks.
-Shawn

What did you use to clean the heads ?

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

On 26 ago, 16:39, instantwow wrote:
I own a Phillips DCC-900 Digital Compact Cassette Deck. I haven't done
much with this deck for several years and hooked it up recently to
migrate some digital cassettes to another format. When I first began,
tapes played fine. After a week or so, random drop outs began to
occur. I found some information on the service mode of this deck, and
noticed it was experiencing error rates of 100 or so. Normal cassette
tapes also do not play correctly either. I have tried cleaned the
heads of this deck, to no avail.

Does anyone have any technical information on this deck or any
suggestions for this problem. Thanks.
-Shawn

sounds like a tape drive problem. excesive take up torque or a
deformed or worn rubber pinch roller can cause the tape to wander off
true, hence the dropouts. i would look at the mechanical side first,
as tape mechs are extremely prone to such problems.
Ben.-.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Aug 27, 10:48 am, b wrote:
[...]

I used rubbing alcohol and a swab to clean the heads.

How can I test the take up rollers or determine if they are worn?