Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bob bob is offline

Default Jukebox and Pinball Repair question ( a Viable business?)

I recently left my employer of 30 years and I'm taking some time off finding
my next career. I am very interested in starting a Pinball, Jukebox, Vintage
Electronics business and semi retire. I'd been repairing TV's stereos and
anything electric as a sideline since teh 70's and in teh last few years
had a lot of fun with vintage electronics.
I would appreciate any advice folks could offer as to who might be doing
this today and what kind of business volume might be out there for these
services as well as any advice from people doing this today
Thanks in Advance
Bob

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"bob" wrote in message
I recently left my employer of 30 years and I'm taking some time off
finding my next career. I am very interested in starting a Pinball,
Jukebox, Vintage Electronics business and semi retire. I'd been repairing
TV's stereos and anything electric as a sideline since teh 70's and in teh
last few years had a lot of fun with vintage electronics.
I would appreciate any advice folks could offer as to who might be doing
this today and what kind of business volume might be out there for these
services as well as any advice from people doing this today
Thanks in Advance
Bob

Bob,

You "might" want to go to Rec.antiques.radio+phono - and ask there. That
newsgroup has a few who are involved in doing that sort of thing. Maybe they
can help guide you a bit.

L.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Aug 21, 3:59 pm, "Radiosrfun" wrote:
"bob" wrote in message

[...]

Contact this fellow (Rick) by e-mail at this address:

and see what he can tell you. He did exactly what you are proposing
to do.

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"bob" wrote in

I recently left my employer of 30 years and I'm taking some time off
finding my next career. I am very interested in starting a Pinball,
Jukebox, Vintage Electronics business and semi retire. I'd been
repairing TV's stereos and anything electric as a sideline since teh
70's and in teh last few years had a lot of fun with vintage
electronics. I would appreciate any advice folks could offer as to who
might be doing this today and what kind of business volume might be
out there for these services as well as any advice from people doing
this today Thanks in Advance
Bob

I'd consider doing it part time, or as the side of a real business.
I guess if you are semi retired and will be doing it because you want to,
not becasue you have to, you might be fine.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Aug 21, 1:19 pm, "bob" wrote:
I recently left my employer of 30 years and I'm taking some time off finding
my next career. I am very interested in starting a Pinball, Jukebox, Vintage
Electronics business and semi retire. I'd been repairing TV's stereos and
anything electric as a sideline since teh 70's and in teh last few years
had a lot of fun with vintage electronics.

There's a place on Tropicana Ave. in Las Vegas called the Pinball
Museum (www.pinballmuseum.org). Guy from the Midwest with a pinball
mania. Buys, sells, owns a bunch of pinballs dating back 50 years or
more. Refurbs them to playing condition and puts them in his strip
mall storefront. Runs as a non-profit, gives his proceeds to charity.

You might try going to the website and getting in touch with him,
could be a good source of information for you.

Jerry