DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   LCD Monitor 15" with backlight problems (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/211035-lcd-monitor-15-backlight-problems.html)

Ivan[_2_] August 16th 07 12:39 AM

LCD Monitor 15" with backlight problems

Hi, I have this monitor with a problem at backlight inverter.
Before I had this problem, the monitor even shut off lamps (but picture
still on screen) and I simply turn it off and on again until it never turned
off lamps anymore.
I opened it and discovered that a surface mounted fuse on the backlight
inverter blows up.
I try to short circuit the fuse and turned on but seems that never will
happened.......
When I re opened it, i realized that backlight inverter pcb has completely
blown (pcb tracks and components melted).
Now I found on Ebay some backlight inverter that should work with my monitor
but how I can be sure that all this problem has been caused by a inverter
malfunction and not caused from lamps?

The monitor signals are ok, power supply to inverter it's presents and
dimming too.

Jumpster Jiver August 16th 07 02:58 AM

Ivan wrote:
Hi, I have this monitor with a problem at backlight inverter.
Before I had this problem, the monitor even shut off lamps (but picture
still on screen) and I simply turn it off and on again until it never
turned off lamps anymore.
I opened it and discovered that a surface mounted fuse on the backlight
inverter blows up.
I try to short circuit the fuse and turned on but seems that never will
happened.......
When I re opened it, i realized that backlight inverter pcb has
completely blown (pcb tracks and components melted).
Now I found on Ebay some backlight inverter that should work with my
monitor but how I can be sure that all this problem has been caused by a
inverter malfunction and not caused from lamps?

The monitor signals are ok, power supply to inverter it's presents and
dimming too.

To be sure replace the lamps and inverter at the same time.

[email protected] August 16th 07 02:59 PM

On 8 16 , 7 39 , "Ivan" wrote:
[...]

Tell me the LCD number maybe I can help you